*Angel and Demon

*Unfettered

*Hairspray and Bailing Wire

*...till I return

*Yes, its my world

*blocked for one year

*it is very nice to know

*Sin and Seanachai

*Don't be confused

*T minus 38 hours and counting


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Token Single Friend

I am the token single man in my circle. All all of my friends are either married or in serious relationships. Being the only real single guy in the group comes with certain benefits.

1) Unregulated Flirting. I am very close with my friends so their significant others are given a free pass to flirt with me. I, in turn, am allowed to flirt back. I am not a threat so it is safe and fun in a senior year passing notes sort of way.

2) Ample Representation. "We need to find you a good girl". The mates of my buds are on a constant search to find me my future wife. "I can't believe you still single", "I have a friend...", "I work with a girl..." It is all very flattering. They love me and want to find me love. I am not a set-up guy so seldom follow up on their leads. I do laugh at the idea of having love agents out on the beat.

3) Appointed Delegate. My friends lament their long passed single lives through me. "Dude, you should go after THAT." "Did you hit that yet?" Details, details and more details. I think I keep their personal image roladexes updated.

4) Persnickety Screeners. Each new girl I "bring home" has a gauntlet of tests to pass. Each wife/girlfriend has their standards for anyone who I date. "I approve" or "She's not the one". I don't have to decide what I feel, they will let me know.

All of these things come from love and are very endearing. It is a lot of heat to endure sometimes but I don't stress it.

Word of my current situation with Miss L has spread like wildfire. Mr. Drinker talked to her on Saturday night (he came by the house while I was on the phone with her). Later that night he called his wife and brought her up to speed. Within seconds the news was spread to all that care (or don't). I half expected Katie Couric to call Sunday morning for an interview. The "so tell me about this NY gal..." calls are already flooding in. They all start the same way, "SO....".

It is nice to be this loved.

there are 6 doodles

At 12:29 PM, Blogger Miss Tasha said...

exactly! what are friends for... that is their job to keep the weaker of the group fed and healthy. weaker in their eyes i guess, but not always true. i guess i can say you are stronger by not having the good old ball and chains wrapped tightly around your legs... but then again...

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

Does that make me the runt of the litter?

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Jesster said...

Good that you have such a sense of humor about this. :)

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

Don't have much choice... its where I am (for now).

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger You Can't Afford Me said...

that's awesome. in a new relationship you can sometimes be blind to certain things that your real friends can see for you.

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger allison said...

[RC] Now you have somebody, but I can totally relate to being the "single friend." I have completely outlawed set-ups, though.

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here