*blocked for one year

*it is very nice to know

*Sin and Seanachai

*Don't be confused

*T minus 38 hours and counting

*Helping the cause

*temptation

*Short answer

*If she was an illustration

*If she was a cartoon


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Monday, April 18, 2005

Yes, its my world

Last night Miss L and I talked quite a bit. I know, hard to fathom but just believe me.

The subject of me being a romantic optimist (as in romanticizing not optimistic of romance) came up. As expected, I've been obsessing over the conversation. It was about me; what would you expect?

Why am I a RO?

Optimism is the single greatest gift my mother gave me. Granted, I think I asked for the Star Wars Death Star playset that year but that doesn't matter.

She was an optimist in the truest sense. Luckily, my Dad gave me realism. That makes me a romantic optimistic realist? Put that in your smoker and cure it.

Reality is; it just Is. Reality happens and there is not a damn thing I can do about it. I know it, I embrace it and live it. I can do many things but have yet mastered the art of bending reality to my will.

I cannot change reality... (I'm working on it... so stay tuned. I will probably sell it on Ebay)

Seeing I cannot change reality, I choose to take complete juristiction over how I perceive it. I can control how I digest the reality that surrounds me. I believe people are inherently good. I believe people do very bad things. I believe there are bad people but the are the exceptions, they are the oddities. I believe good people can do bad things. Good people do bad things knowing they are bad. Good people do bad things that they thought would be good things too.
*takes breath*
Let me explain, that will take to long; let me sum up (two cookies if you can reference that line):
As a rule, people are good and they do the best they can.

To make my coffee even sweeter (in a make-your-stomach upset sort of way), I am also a romantic.

I believe in love, karma and right and wrong. I often see the gray and understand it. I then make it black or white by my own standards. I can do nothing with gray, I make it black or white so I can move forward.

I see an unbendable reality and choose to look at it with colored shades. Whatever that makes me, I am that. I can tell you that it works well and makes the day-to-day much easier to survive.

So there. If you are in my world... things are going to work out as long as you do the right thing, love them even more than they love you and take credit for your success knowing they were more luck than your own doings.

there are 6 doodles

At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually it's cute. I like to consider myself over-cautiously somewhat hopefully optimistic. Does that even make sense really??

Miss L

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

For those of you not paying attention... she thinks I'm cute.

(skips off into the sunset)

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger bornfool said...

It's fitting (but somehow surprising) that we take those traits, learned or inherited, and mold them into something uniquely our own. BTW, I like the new banner (I liked the other one, too.)
TTYL, lejnd

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger A* said...

Princess Bride. Where are my cookies?

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

...Great, one more thing to pack for the weekend.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger A* said...

Add it to the growing list babe...

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here