*Did you?

*I ask you to do ONE effing thing

*Why Do Men....

*Cracked the 450 mark

*Middle Chapters

*every effort

*a pre-dinner princess

*flying colors

*Unfounded and Exceeded

*Good Morning


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Friday, May 20, 2005

Coffee with 2 sugars and 1 compliment

If Starbucks sells liquid cocaine then Dunkin Donuts sells crack. It is cheaper and better. Starbucks is the Abercrombie to Dunkin Donuts' Carhart. I get an extra large with cream and sugar at least 3 to 4 times a week to kick start my day. Carla is my dealer.

I would guess Carla is in her mid to late 40s. She is there every morning and has an uncanny ability to remember how people take their coffee. While her co-workers are serving java one customer at a time, Carla is taking them down three at a time. Typically she has your coffee made before you get in the place - she saw you pull into the parking lot.

I am usually there between 5 and 5:30am when it is slow. I've had more than a few short but pleasant chats with Miss Carla. She is a single mother of 3 and works her ass off. I can only hope her children appreciate every dime she earns slinging the tar candy.

ANYWAY, this morning I got in late (about 9am) because of the poker game running until 2am last night. DD's was packed but, as expected, by the time I got to the front of the line, Carla had my coffee ready and waiting. Carla sent me off with my fix and one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me.

"Here you go, hon" (she calls everyone Hon)
"You are the best, Carla"
"You know what?"
"What?"
"I hope all my kids turn out as well as you did."


What a thing to say.

The Friday edition of "Why do Men...?" is forthcoming. Stay tuned!

there are 4 doodles

At 9:50 AM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

Great post, so I'll forgive you for ignoring my pressing issues for now.

However, I had to copy your post and paste it elsewhere to read it. It's showing up in TEENY TINY type which appears as dotted lines across the page. Better adjust the font size, Hof.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger A* said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger A* said...

Yeah he was bitching about Blogger this morning. It was reformatting this post over and over again. But it's coming up ok now, right?

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger You Can't Afford Me said...

we do not have a dunkin donuts here anymore. we used to when i was a kid, because i remember going there with my grandparents on sunday after church.

the starbucks by my former employer was great. the barista always remembered my drink and made it to perfection. he said he was in awe that someone (myself) could work for an insurance broker and still have a smile and laugh like mine. he didn't think that insurance people smiled or had a sense of humour.

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here