*every effort

*a pre-dinner princess

*flying colors

*Unfounded and Exceeded

*Good Morning

*you look like

*I've saved you a seat

*Somehow I misplaced the key

*Five Things (or does this look infected?)

*The Youngest is all growns-ups


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Thursday, May 12, 2005

Middle Chapters

I taught my last seminar of the conference today.

The conference is over, the booths are packed up and the woman who I cannot stop thinking about has never been farther away.

Little Miss A* is sick. I am here in Vegas and she is home in Hoboken. I will go to the electronics store and buy some crazy wires, boards and components. Tonight I will invent the first fax machine that sends and receives soup.

Irk, she doesn't have a G.D. fax number....

Being apart from her now is supposed to be harder. Spending a weekend with her in my arms was suppose to be the tease that made me hurt more. I expected this past weekend to spoil us and make being apart again unbearable.

Don't get me wrong, I miss her. I wish she was here now. I closed my eyes for the 2+ hours that we talked tonight and imagined she was laying next to me while we chatted.

Crazy truth of it all - I don't miss her more now than before the weekend. Somehow I feel peaceful about the miles between us. Somehow this weekend gave me the greatest gift....

I believe.

I have faith.

Our being apart is now only a small technicality, not the major feature of our relationship.

We will be together.

How? I have no idea...

I don't know the details, I only know the big picture. I've only read the first chapter of our book but this weekend I peeked to the middle chapters and glanced at a few paragraphs.

I cannot explain why, but I know, deep down inside, what is coming in the chapters in our book. The chapters not yet read. The chapters not yet written.

No mother-effing shit, this is a great feeling.

(I have some other posts in drafts that I cannot get right. Funny crazy non-A* things about Vegas. I will get them up when they are ready)

...gotta go take care of a problem. There are too many stragers at poker tables in this town suffering from too many chips in front of them.

there are 8 doodles

At 6:39 AM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

We missed you while you were gone. Beautiful post!! Even with a cold, A* is one lucky woman!!

Fax some chicken soup...clever.

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Mr.Drinker said...

That is so nice to hear... you definitely are one lucky man. You both are. Not men of course but lucky.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Islandgirl said...

Ahhhh! I love reading about you two. Especially, going from one blog to the other! Like you once said: "Yea Team" :-)

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger hofzinser said...

Wordwiz: You think my Soup Fax is clever? You should see my IPOD toothbrush!

Mr. Drinker: START EFFING BLOGGING. (he is my closest friend in South Florida and insanly talented. His blog would be on everyone's blogroll)

islandgirl: A* and I are retarded but in a cute sorta way, not a short-bus sorta way. Ok, I am retarded in a helmet sorta way.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger A* said...

Yes I am unbelievably lucky. Asian-bird flu and all! (kidding)
Mr. Drinker- I cannot wait to meet you when I come down to FL. And I agree with Hof- please start blogging. Half our conversations alone would make great posts and I have only had a few with you.
Island- Sorry if we are inciting a raging case of carpal tunnel. MooCow has already cursed us for it.
Yeah we are certainly not well. It cute but at times disturbing (well to others anyway)

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger A* said...

And did anyone notice that Hof changed his log line?? :)
It's no longer "Single in South FL".

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous mr. drinker said...

a* - good looking out on the log line...I myself did not notice this, however, my mind is currently clouded by the dark side. I cannot wait to meet you as well, an promise to somewhat be on my best behavior. Stay tuned for the up and coming Mr. Drinker blog

hof - See you when you get back to FL hunka hunka burnin love

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Mr. Drinker said...

guess who just got their own blog?

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here