*Win me some points

*Thanks, kira, for letting me "sketch you up!"

*During the wooing

*Bore the hell out of you

*More momentous

*More great writing

*If you like great writing

*It will break their little hearts

*Suitable for framing

*Worse things in life


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Evokes this mental state (part I)

[Hof is working right now and I, HofSnark, his evil snarky twin, stole his password and decided to post. This is my first time posting so be warned... no one is safe. All of you are potential targets, it is nothing personal. Everyone may be sacraficed to the altar of snark. Know it is only for the sake of humor. If I offend you, it is not personal so get over it. Hof will be back on soon for all the warm fuzzy crap you all love.]
As I tool around the blogsphere I often find myself looking at people's profiles. What people list for their interests/music/movies makes me stop dead in my tracks. Sometimes it is sad, sometimes funny, sometimes its, well, mind-boggling. Check this out;

Interests
Here people list things they find interesting. Dictionary.com defines interest as:
  1. A state of curiosity or concern about or attention to something: an interest in sports.
  2. Something, such as a quality, subject, or activity, that evokes this mental state: counts the theater among his interests.
So these are things that evoke curiosity, concern or attention in our fellow bloggers.

Bubbles
# of profiles: Too many to count
Um, yea... bubbles. Several of the profiles are teenage girls. I can almost let you go; you're little girls and find Bratz interesting. The males and women over 20... bubbles? News flash (this just in) bubbles are gassy soap. What is curious about a bubble? Are you amazed they are always round? Are the pretty? Do you giggle when they float over to your little noses and pop? Do you have bills or mortgages or jobs? Drink the bubble soap then tell me how interesting they are.

Paris Hilton
# of profiles: Too many to count
This hurts my heart.

Banking
# of profiles: Too many to count
I bet they are the life of every party... Banking is necessary not curious or interesting.

Depression
# of profiles: Too many to count
I know most of blogsphere IS depressed. I know that it drives many of us to blog. But is depression an "interest"? Are they depressed because the find depression interesting or do they find depression interesting because they are depressed or are they interesting because depression is depressing or....*stopping and getting tissue for blood now dripping from my ear*

Insomnia
# of profiles: Too many to count
Do you stay up all night being curious about insomnia. Why don't you sleep on it, everything will be clearer tomorrow morning.

Absinthe
# of profiles: Too many to count
Victorian England called and they want their addiction back.

Bisexuality
# of profiles: Too many to count
We all find this interesting. Girls find their own curiousity of other women interesting. Boys find the the girl's interest in other girls interesting too!

Inflicting Pain
# of profiles: 3
I guess it is better than....

Hurting Myself
# of profiles: 2
...better because at least with "inflicting pain" you get to point and laugh at their misery... BUWAHAHAHA

Young Boys
# of profiles: 2
One is a 21 year old girl-she gets a free pass. One is a 78 year old man... and there ya go.

[...tune in for more "interest fun" when I can distract hofzinser again and get logged in -HofSnark]

there are 5 doodles

At 3:28 PM, Blogger Paige said...

HofSnark, I think you are my new favorite person! Come by anytime!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

HofSnark: How did you come up with these?? I'm SO glad none were on my list!! (I'm so easily offended!) FABULOUS!!!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Kira said...

Yeah, am I the only one who immediately scanned the list...realized none of these were on my profile...sighed in relief...and THEN read the post and laughed? ;)

The young boys one scares me RE: frightening old man putting young boys as his interests. Well, that should be an easy one for the FBI, eh?

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Foilwoman said...

Well, I'm remembering my statistics wrong, but something like 60% of U.S. citizens say that their favorite recreational activity is shopping. Huh? Shopping is a chore. Bike riding, ballet, playing a musical instrument, reading, swinging on a porch swing, playing baseball -- these are recreational activities. Shopping is, well, except when necessary (out of toilet paper, tampax, scotch, and kitty litter) a waste of time and money. Making your clothes by knitting or sewing would be recreation. Making your jewelry would be a craft, an interest, maybe even a job. Buying it is just walking into a store and spending money. Bubbles is an interest? Well, finding vacuous and inane people vacuous and inane is about as pointless, and a lot of us seem to do that. But at least we feel superior to the Paris Hilton's of this world and their fans. I don't think they feel (or reasonably should feel) superior to the bubbles.

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

That was a pretty interesting little post. I will have to add you to my bloglist.

Oh, and I never said it was the end of my blog... I said I did not know.

Anyway, I posted a new post and a new, well, um...blog.

I am a little messed up.

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here