*The room is only twenty-five

*Time to break up all this serious crap

*Torches and pitchforks

*Easier than parenting

*Sandra, thanks for letting me "sketch you up!"

*May make you love your love

*Brilliant and meant to be reused

*Coal in your colon

*A white dude in a top hat with a black manslave

*Ask not, "Why" but "Why not?"


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Thursday, June 30, 2005

I checked... I asked

What sucks right now (in no particular order):

  • A* lives 1,266 miles away from me
  • My condo in NC is still on the market with no pending contracts
  • My family lives 699 miles away from me
  • My little in Big Brother/Big Sister is in Chicago all summer visiting his father
  • Despite my sweet salary... I still feel broke
  • A* will only be here for the weekend then she leaves.... again
  • I am still smoking
  • I live in South Florida, not North Carolina
  • Plane tickets are a pain to buy
  • Planes are a pain to use
  • Airports are a pain to endure
  • We have to use condoms
  • Mom's still dead (I checked)

What rocks right now (in no particular order):

  • I have met my future wife... and she loves me
  • Someone will buy my condo, someday, and I will have an extra $1,200 a month once it happens
  • I have a close loving family
  • I am a Big in Big Brother/Big Sister
  • I have a sweet salary
  • A* will be here for the weekend
  • I have a full pack of smokes
  • I live in South Florida, not North Dakota
  • Plane tickets exist
  • Planes are faster than cars
  • Airports are where I see my baby at the start of every visit
  • I'm gettin' some
  • Mom still loves me (I asked)

there are 9 doodles

At 11:28 AM, Blogger deanne said...

Ahhh - sweet post Hof! :)

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Autumn said...

yeah... well... I'd just cross out all the bad stuff and think about the good stuff!!!

Like I told A*, a good friend of mine waited a YEAR in the UK for his girl to arrive from America........ they just got married (she's been in the UK 3-4 months now)!

So there's hope!! Don't give up! It might be rough, but well worth it! :)

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

You're such a big sap!! Love ya, Hof...really!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger A* said...

Le sigh.

Less than nine hours hon.

And counting...

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Paige said...

Ahhhh, you guys are cute! I swear it'll work out for you guys..until then there are computers and phones to communicate by...

Right now I work opposite shifts from my husband, and he never checks his email, so we just share a bed for about 3-4 hours every night and I don't even get to speak to him! So it could be worse guys!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Kira said...

Remember, you have to shag each other one time for each of us who are on your blogroller list. It's only courteous. Get to it!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

That was nice. I smiled.

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger HissyFitz said...

Again, you managed to make me laugh and bring a tear to my eye in the same post.

I lurk, and am ever-impressed. I've followed both your and A*'s stories for a while, and wish you both the very best.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Islandgirl said...

AHHHHH..GAH GAH GAH!

****That was the sound of choking on my spoon****

Have a great weekend you two :-)

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here