*I just happen to see it fall

*A sexist society afterall

*Feeling voyeuristic

*It took root and blossomed

*Thanks, Dane (andy), for letting me "sketch you up...

*A*'s new template is up

*Cross your fingers

*David shrugs his shoulders

*Learn to take your freaking time

*In the off-chance you run into Dad today


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Friday, June 17, 2005

Not all the brains in one skull

FYI, the "Why do men...?" series is still alive and kicking. I am stuck with some writer's block on the "Why do men cheat" question from one of A*'s coworkers. It is a great question deserving a great answer... of course it would be much easier if I was a great writer with a great mind.

Great answers seem to come from great minds and great writers. Who decided to give them the great answers to hand out? Isn't enough they have great minds AND can write well? NO..... let's give them all the great answers too.

I think morons like me should get all the great answers. We were shorted on the brains and talent, why not give us something? We could hand them out like Halloween candy. The people that give out the candy didn't MAKE the candy. I could hand out great answers without coming up with them myself.

The more I think about this idea the more I like it... when I see a great question deserving of a great answer I could wait until I here "ding, you got answer" and open my brain's inbox and forward the answer to the cat that asked the question. Spread the wealth there, GOD. Not all the brains in one skull, already....

Are You There God? It's Me, Hofzinser...

Wait, what a great idea for a book title

*searches for a notepad to jot it down on.*

(edit: to clarify, I know what the answer is, just can't get it the writer mojo going so it will be fun to read)

there are 12 doodles

At 9:31 AM, Blogger mcgibfried said...

men cheat? now way! when did this socially anomaly begin?

i will be looking in this forthwith.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Foilwoman said...

I think most recent studies show that men and women fool around on their partners in similar numbers. Women do not publicly or openly admit to cheating and I would bet lots of money that women are better at covering their tracks (even when posting on the internet). As to why men cheat, I could do a survey. Most common reason given was (1) my wife and I no longer have satisfying sex, it used to be satisfying, but it no longer is, followed by (2) my wife and I don't have enough sex, when we have it it's fine, but once a month, sorry, no thank you, and then (3) my wife isn't adventurous sexually and I want to play, then (4) my wife has [some medical condition that limits or prohibits sex], then (5) my wife refuses me or withholds sex as punishment, then (6) my wife has become unattractive, then (7) we NEVER have sex anymore, then (8) I want some variety in my life, then (9) our marriage is falling apart, I'm really scouting for a replacement, and last (there may be more, but I can't remember some of the more creative lines) (10) hey, I'm a guy, I like to fool around -- one woman for the next 40 years? Are you crazy?

Who knows who was telling the truth. Or whether they can speak for anyone other than themselves.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

The root reason is what I will be exposing... stay tuned!

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Foilwoman said...

Hey, I'm still waiting for the answers to my questions. Don't you love me anymore Hof?

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

...post....forming....A*....staying....over....weekend....

She wins out over blogging ;)

I will include your goodies in the post and hope to get it up this weekend...

(did I just say "hope to get it up"?)

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Foilwoman said...

If A*s there and you don't, well, that's too bad but have fun spelunking. Of course that devil in a red dress (great template, it's clearly true love) rates over blogging. If not, something is truly, truly wrong with the world.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Kira said...

Yes, if Alex were here rather than in France, I'd be too damn busy to put up the novel post I just slammed on my own blog...LOL That's how it's supposed to be!

FW, yeah, the last study I read said that women were catching up in numbers but still hadn't quite achieved the same proportion of cheating as men. Same with women beating people up...haha! Used to be that teenage boys were the ones stabbing and shooting people. Now, teenage girls are stepping up the mark to try and match the boy's numbers. You just wait! They'll get there!

It's funny though, I don't ever hear from gf's who have cheated that they "just aren't getting enough sex." Usually their reasons seem to be lack of emotional fulfillment or feeing special in the guy's eyes. So, I have to wonder...even though girls are cheating more and more as time goes on, isn't it for different reasons, really?

Somebody once told me guys said I love you to get sex, and girls said I'll have sex to get love. I wonder if that's changed at all...

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Foilwoman said...

The Atlantic Monthly had an article (or book review) on the women & fidelity issue; I can't link right now but basically the issue for women (according to Atlantic) is that romance is pretty central to a woman's identity (the way work is to a man's) and thus women will go to great lengths to get that romantic buzz, rather than sex in and of itself. I don't agree with that, but that is their position.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

I think one of my reader's should swing over to A*'s blog and submit "Why do women... cheat?" for her "Why do women...?" series. This is great stuff.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

Because too many men are scumbags? That could be a multi-purpose answer - explaining why both men and women cheat!!

Thanks for the Bond Girl names. Had an awesome date with an unbelievably nice guy. Who knew there any really nice guys left?? And this one likes me!! Even better! He's also a DARN good kisser, very high on my list of MUST HAVE criteria. It's too soon to say with any certainty, but at least for now, I'm going to try to hold onto this one!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

THAT is the best news I've heard in awhile, wordwhiz!

Now wish me luck... I get to meet A*'s parents today

*gulp*

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

You don't need luck! Just be you and they will LOVE you. Umm...I'd avoid the masturbation and oral stimulation topics, but other than that...just be you!

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here