*Feeling voyeuristic

*It took root and blossomed

*Thanks, Dane (andy), for letting me "sketch you up...

*A*'s new template is up

*Cross your fingers

*David shrugs his shoulders

*Learn to take your freaking time

*In the off-chance you run into Dad today

*Maybe streamers fell?

*Seeing how your didn't ask...


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Thursday, June 16, 2005

A sexist society afterall

For no real reason (what so ever) I got thinking about God and the Devil. I think it was a combination of andy's and Foilwoman's ongoing dialogue and A*'s new template.

Here is something to think about....

There is often dispute over the gender of God. Is God a "He" or a "She".

There is never a dispute over the gender of the Devil. The Devil is always a "he" and no one debates the point...

hmmmmm..... maybe we are a sexist society afterall.

You can now resume your regularly scheduled important thoughts.

there are 22 doodles

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Foilwoman said...

I'm first! Actually, women are often used as representations of sin and temptation (i.e., Eve and the Apple) and the Devil being "male" was a construct of a "masculine" god. No-one was going to believe that a female could open a can of whup-ass on him. But temptation if often female (and women's fault, because men, they just can't resist, where as we women, it's our duty to do so).

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

FW is right...as always!! Elizabeth Hurley played the devil in the 2000 remake of "Bedazzled". You male-types LIKE us to be little devils, so naturally you don't see the female representations in quite the same light.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Mercy said...

Just wanted to say awesome work on A*'s template .. !!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Foilwoman said...

Whose VG?

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Miss Tasha said...

the first two said what i was thinking.

and let me just add that if the devil was a she, i would love to meet her and drink a beer with her. only for a few minutes cause heat kinda bothers me...

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

Yeah, interesting thought, but I think you've been vetoed.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger deanne said...

I'm fully on the bandwagon with FW's comment!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

You guys ruin everything....*bleh* ;(

VG=vegasgustan silly foilladyperson

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

crap, I mixed up andy and vg. sooo.....

VG=Andy

How could you not figure THAT out???? VG, ANDY, VG... sheesh.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Grend31 said...

Lucifer has boy parts. Or so they tell us.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger echoegami said...

according to some, several representations of the devil/devils in the bible are actually masculinized female deities and they were not only robbed of their godhood (or goddesshood, rather) but also their gender.

this is, of course, a contentious view but interesting food for thought.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Firefly said...

i am kinda torn on my opinion... so i will just sit on this nice comfy fence!

aloha, ff

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

I think that both God and Satan are abstracts and hold no real gender. The Bible was written by people and interpreted multiple times, thus some of the information could be wrong. I believe, but with a healthy dose of realism.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Kira said...

If I recall from a book I once read, the original hebrew has god as gender neutral, his son as male, and the holy spirit as female, thereby balancing it all out nicely.

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous koyima said...

I knew it wasn't vegasgustan, because I looked at his site, and everything was all Audra or Amanda (try other letters of the alphabet, maybe?). I knew I was chatting with Andy (what a mensch), but didn't see how the VG came from Andy. It's a mystery, but then, I was using logic. ;)

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

It is tough to see at first, koyima.

V is the 22nd letter in the alphabet. G is the 7th letter.

If you divide 22 by 7 you get 3 and some change. Now subtract the number of letters (VG - two letters)...

3-2=1

You get 1. A is the 1st letter in the aphabet. Thus VG=A for Andy.

*whew*

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Foilwoman said...

Oh, boys and their cute little decrypter rings and things.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger deanne said...

I'm so confused.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

Okay, if Andy is VG then what the hell am I?

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Foilwoman said...

Yeah, and why did my penultimate comment come in under that other name? That was me. "I knew it wasn't vegasgustan . . ."

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger courtney elizabeth said...

I am guessing then that you never had the pleasure of watching the internet cartoon of the God and Devil show? It is a shame. I wonder if they have it one DVD somewhere? Anyway, the devil was a women. It was a wonderful show.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

Do you remember what it was called?

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here