*BUT not private enough

*Effing masterpiece

*(ahem)

*Thanks, A*, for letting me "sketch you up!"

*Taste just as good

*Kick his ass

*Shhhhhhhhhhhh

*Evokes this mental state (part I)

*Win me some points

*Thanks, kira, for letting me "sketch you up!"


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Thursday, June 09, 2005

Who was it?

You were my 2,000th visitor.... you use comcast and came from foilwoman's blog.... reveal yourself!

Domain Name:comcast.net
Time of Visit: Jun 9 2005 8:04:29 pm
Referring URL: http://foilwomansdiary.blogspot.com/
Time Zone: UTC-5:00 EST - Eastern Standard EDT - Eastern Daylight Saving Time
Visitor's Time: Jun 9 2005 8:04:29 pm
Visit Number: 2,000

I love all of you... thanks for coming by. I hope I produce the type of content that keeps you coming.

Speaking of which.... to everyone that comes by my little sandbox here at "...and not to pull your halo down":

Can you drop me a comment and tell me why you visit? What do you like? What is there too much of? What is there not enough of? What is missing completely? I want to keep you happy as a priest in Chucky Cheese with a pocket full of tokens.

there are 14 doodles

At 10:17 PM, Blogger Kira said...

I started coming here because WordWhiz had a link to your blog about your Why do men columns, and I followed the link...and adored your sense of humor.

Then you sweetened the pot with the free sketch!

So, now I'm hooked.

And I'm charter for net service, and have never been to foilwoman's site, so it can't be me :)

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Foilwoman said...

Sorry, but I think it was just me, checking in. I wish it were one of my cute Spanish or Italian readers, but just me.

What do I like? The general tone. You are very good at snarking. This is important. Also, the "Why do men . . ." series (although you haven't answered any of my very pressing questions yet. What do I want? An anonymous (but extremely superwomany/foilwomany) portrait of moi that will not disclose my identity, but I can place on my profile and blog to show the awesomeness that is me. If you can do this anonymously (and without showing anybody the photos) I'll send you a picture of me when foilwoman was created (1980s) and a current picture of the present moi and trust you to to that. More than you wanted to know, huh? Will you accept this mission. Oh, and the portrait has to be flattering, regardless of the content of the photos sent.

Priest in a Chucky Cheese with a pocket full of tokens? Even if I were a pedophile priest in a kids playground, if I got said portrait for my blog I promise I would (1) visit every day, (2) post links to your site all over the place, and (3) at least for a little while, call you the god of my idolatry.

Oh, and I think its cosmic that the 2000th visitor gets a Tiger 2000, especially given my above request. You'll see why if you agree to the request (tigers are involved).

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Foilwoman said...

I use comcast etc. and was looking at your site before dinner (around 8 ish), so that's why I think it was just me. Not because I'm egotistical or anything.

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

mmmmm...me come from werdwhiz blog too and like the pretty drawries...

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Miss Tasha said...

i have no clue why, how or when i started coming here. all i know is that i was intrigued my the similarity of music tastes... and your writings are profound and intelligent. what would i change?.. nothing, because it wouldnt be the same. you write and we read. this is who you are, what you think and believe... and please forgive my spelling as i sit here and drink my beer.
anyway, keep it up hof! your blogroll list keeps growing and growing, and there is a reason for it!

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

I came cause you came to mine. I like everything. Sometimes there is a little too much in the graphics/pictures thing. It gets a little crowded. Otherwise, I like it. Oh, plus you need to add my other site to your blog roll.

http://www.songrepository.blogspot.com

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

Oh, I just added you to my blog roll by the by.

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

Hof, you owe me big time. Look at all these people I send your way!!

How the hell did I get here?? I dont' remember. Do you remember?? I've been drinking. I'll remember in the morning. Or I'll be eating toast and posting painful hangover crap. I probably cae here through Amanda...does that make sense?? Or Steve...maybe through Steve. Ask me when I'm more sober.

Sleep now...

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Paige said...

I'll give you a blog pimp today or tomorrow on my blog and tell you why.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Ingenious Perspective said...

I don’t remember how I came upon your blog, when or why,but I was hooked right away.You’re humorous and attention-grabbing,and above all you give good free advice(as opposed to bad free advice)…Most of all I think this blog is by far one of the most out of the ordinary,appealing and funny blogs I have ever come across,and a lot of the posts really made me laugh out loud.Thanx!

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous abrianna said...

In a moment of world-weariness I was browsing through blogs, and came upon this hilarious, accurate( I asked around, all you say is TRUE), and genuine blog that says so much about what us girls know little about. It might get a bit too crowded with all the sketches but I think that was the first thing that caught my attention…I adore your blog and all your posts, and not that I don’t have a life or anything, but it’s just become custom for me to check your blog whenever I come online…Ur wonderful!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger A* said...

Hmmm...how did I get here?

I believe I had a conversation about blogging with Hof in v. early April. 2 days later 'halo' was conceived.

I am the bringer of brilliance.

I keep coming back b/c your talent astounds me everytime. Drawing, writings and snarkiness... is there any wonder why I love you??

Congrats honey...special prize for you next week!!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger You Can't Afford Me said...

besides the fact that i love you and a*, i visit because i like your writing. you crack me up and you tell it like it is. keep up the good work!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Serra said...

It's the writing, Hof. You've got an unusual and hilarious way with words.

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here