*Thanks, kira, for letting me "sketch you up!"

*During the wooing

*Bore the hell out of you

*More momentous

*More great writing

*If you like great writing

*It will break their little hearts

*Suitable for framing

*Worse things in life

*Missed therapy sessions


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Win me some points

I just got home from my regular monday night poker game. A good way to start your birthday is to win $300+ from friends. WOOT!

It more than covers the $190 I paid for a plane ticket today. It was going to be almost four weeks until I saw A* again. I knew I would not survive that long without seeing her.

I found a reasonable ticket for Father's Day weekend. It should also be the weekend I finally meet the 'rents. I guess flying her down for Father's Day should win me some points!

I flew in this morning from NYC and its been a long day. I will see all of you in the morning.

(love ya, mean it)

there are 8 doodles

At 6:37 AM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Kira said...

Happy birthday, and congratulations on the winnings! Do I EVER know how hard it is when the love of your life is not living near enough to see without a plane...that's great that you can see her sooner. Try to win money off of friends more often :)

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Patrick said...

Congrats! Sadly, I wasn't as lucky in MY poker game - my nines didn't hold up against kings...

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger hofzinser said...

Nines seldom hold up against kings UNLESS you have the kings then you are guarenteed they will spike a nine on the river.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Happy Birthday Hof! Sorry I missed you before you left town.
Have a great one.
- D
(Yes yes I commented again. Rain of Fire etc etc)

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Paige said...

Happy Birthday HofMizer! You'll have to come down to Vegas soon to celebrate! :-)

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Paige said...

Happy Birthday HofMizer! You'll have to come down to Vegas soon to celebrate! :-)

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

wordwhiz: thanks!
kira: thanks, too! My poker friends love and fund me... great combo!
dan: I think YOU need to come down here... there are rumors of parties in South Beach, ya know.
paige: You and your hubby are definitely meeting A* and I for drinks next time we are in town...

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here