*Without wasting any of the creamy goodness

*Intolerant?

*And a back rub

*She brings

*Do share!

*More

*I bet

*I ate alone

*Challenge set, Drinker

*WAY out of my league


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Tuesday, July 26, 2005

All the problems

You know what? I like to smoke.

I do. I like to smoke. My mom died of cancer, it makes doing my run in the morning tough as hell and, yet, I still like to smoke.

I like to have a smoke on my deck with a fresh cup of java so I can mentally order my day before I launch into it.

I like to sneak away from a party or get-together with a friend or a stranger and sneak a smoke. It is like getting to smoke between 3rd and 4th period all over again.

I like to talk about heavy shit with a glass of scotch, an informed and thoughtful friend... and a smoke. All the problems of the world can be solved with a bottle of single-malt and a pack of... smokes.

I like to shake off (and settle from) an orgasm with... a smoke.

I am thinking of quitting (again). Maybe starting tomorrow while I do my cleanser detox diet (again).

Light 'em if ya got 'em...

there are 15 doodles

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Paige said...

Oh Hof, please don't smoke! Try anything to quit, I hate seeing one of my fellow bloggers go through something like cancer!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Vivian to Some said...

Oh Hof, I'm so glad you said that! Fortunately, I'm a part-timer. I quit smoking daily years ago. But I can't give up smoking during cocktails or other small "ocassions." And I don't really want to. I LIKE IT. So thank you for being politically incorrect!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Mesabi Red ;) said...

Everyone talks about how physically addictive they are, but they forget how much of a habit they can be. For my boyfriend to quit, he had to change a lot of his regular habits until he felt he could handle them without a smoke (drive my car instead of his, not go listen to bands, stay in the house after a fight or stressful situation, etc.). But he's been smoke-free since last October! Whether he's happy with that or not at times... Good luck if you choose to quit! I know A* would be happy to keep you on this Earth longer!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Kira said...

I'm allergic to smoke and my daughter has asthma, so smoking has never been an issue for me. And I'm glad about that. I can think of better vices to spend my money on ;)

If A* smokes too, the only way it will work to quit is if you BOTH decide to do so as a team. But I'm sure you figured that one out by now.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger deanne said...

Ahhh I understand fully! Nothing is better than a good cup of coffee and a ciggie.

I know the dangers - it makes me feel guilty. But - what can I say? *shrug*

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous christina said...

Dude...I'm a doctor. I won't even start.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger julie said...

Hey Hof-
Just in case you wanted to know where to find the new site:

www.julesofwisdom.com

The design isn't done, but you can at least get meat of it.

If not, well, then I am a huge comment marketeer.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Ingenious Perspective said...

I don't smoke and i dont intend to(hate coughing fits).My dad smokes and my mom has asthma and other bronchial problems that make her extremely allergic to smoke(wasn't that clue enough that their marriage wudn't work?)but for some reason ive always been attracted to smokers...yes im a sucker for the whole bad-boy image (im ashamed to admit) but for smokers who aren't really "bad boys" i still think it looks really hot, i love the relaxed, untroubled and serene look a person gets right after they take the first few puffs of a cig theyve been craving for a while...H-O-T. too bad cancer exits.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Joe said...

I've never been a smoker myself, but I am a little uncomfortable with the way that smokers have become the outcasts of society.

It's nice to see someone take an unapologetic stand for something that they enjoy.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger julie said...

You know? I was totally against the "no smoking in bars" law that happened a couple years ago...I mean...it's not church. Smoke if you got em.

However, I will say, that it is so nice to not worry about my contacts getting all funky or my clothes and hair reeking when I get home.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Autumn said...

I'm there with yah!! :(
I'm thinking of trying this hypnotist a friend of mine's mother went to. She smoked for over 40 yrs, went to the hypnotist, never lite up again!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger dopeybugs said...

From one smoker to another, amen, Hof, amen.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

Yeah...I don't think DP is ever going to quit. He'll just keep claiming to be under stress. (For you, that would be like dropping A* off at the airport.)

Both my parents died from cancer. It's a horrible thing - as you know. I wish you'd quit. I wish EVERYONE I know who smokes would quit. It's an awful habit for so many reasons. I never want to watch someone I care about go through what my father went through. My mother was a lot quicker, 'cause her health was never that great. My father suffered for four months while the cancer literally ate him alive.

Bet you didn't want this serious a response, huh? Sorry. I'm an anti-smoking Nazi. Just ask my smoking friends.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

*cough* *cough*
you kids love me too much
*cough* *cough*

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

Hof, I appreciate your honesty and I respect your right to do whatever you want to do to your body. However, I am just curious. In an old post you talked so passionately about losing your mom and how much it still hurts you and yet you will do something that you know may increase your chances of dying in a similar method she did...why? Why even for a second? I am actually taken aback. I just cannot grasp why anyone in this day and age would even remotely romanticize or make a joke of something so serious, dangerous and disgusting. I know you are a pretty damn intelligent person, so I know that if you were in a forest that was on fire you would not stop and take a couple of deep breaths would you? I don't want to come off as some sanctimonious little prick, it is just that I really get a soar spot for this subject. Smoking almost took my mom's life and I hate when the act is even slightly given a good nod. I hope you understand that I am not trying to talk down about you or to you, but I just need to express my thoughts.
"Of course that's just my opinion...."

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here