*WAY out of my league

*You're underpaid

*Blew up the hotel TV

*To get the ball rolling

*Cleansing fire

*This is a nice litmus test

*Through the thinnest air

*In those jeans

*I was less than half the person I should've been

*The little evil part of her smiles inside


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Friday, July 15, 2005

Challenge set, Drinker

Bathroom Reader accused Mr. Drinker of having terrible taste in movies. Seeing I am the only person around that has actually gone to the movies with Drinker, I feel the need to step into this fray before it escalates and is featured on CNN as the latest blog controversy.

I understand where BR gets the idea that Drinker has bad taste in movies. I must dispute the label, though. It is not that Drinker has bad taste, he is just a Cinematic Optimist. Drinker sees the best in even the worst of movies.

Some examples; I saw Hulk, Daredevil and Constatine with Drinker. All three of these movies are just bad (as in bad, bad, bad, bad). I walked out of the theatres with the "um, not so much" feeling. Drinker liked them. He backed his thumbs-up by pointing to one scene or one aspect that was, in fact, done well. I could not disagree with the micro part of the movies he liked. He then extrapolates this out into the movie being "good" or, at worst, "not bad".

I need more before a movie is raised from the BADlands. Drinker sees the best in people, and movies and I can't fault the guy for it. I thought Fantastic Four was a BAD movie but had some good stuff in it. I will see it again next week with Drinker. I promise he will like the movie.

What we need now is for Drinker to post the 10 worst movies he's ever seen AND the 10 movies he loved that nobody else did. Challenge set, Drinker...

there are 7 doodles

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Mr. Drinker said...

it's times like these that I just want to give you a big 'ol hug and take you to see "Weekend at Bernie's 2" at the dollar theatre. Spare no expense for my brother Hof.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Kira said...

I think he'd prefer Blue Lagoon 2!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Andy said...

You didn't like the Hulk? Really? I'm crushed... I thought it was great!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

Oh, God, Andy, please say you are kidding. The ending, the contrived father storyline, the undead Nolte....

Please say you are kidding or I may call Child Services...

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Andy said...

D'OH!

I'm not kidding. I loved it! Was it the best dramatic story line ever... of course not. But the effects are awesome and the Incredible Hulk is one of my favorite comics.

Gosh, I really didn't look very closely at the story line or plot.... I just thought it was cool that the Hulk smashed up some stuff!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Paige said...

I'm kinda like that, but I'll still admit when a movie sucks. Like Bewitched, for example...the movie flat out sucked. But there were some pretty funny moments in it, and the acting and cinematography were pretty good.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Amber said...

I'm like drinker in a few ways. I really love horror movies. I find it hard to dislike them no matter how bad they are. I also will go to see the films of stars I like no matter how bad they are. I read something recently that said the league of extraordinary gentlemen and hellboy were horrible. I loved them, I bought them too. I'm going to buy Constantine on DVD. You can't stop me - don't try. I'm also an effects junkie, I'll go just to see the special effects.

I'll leave the rest of my comments on my blog if you want more :)

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here