*More

*I bet

*I ate alone

*Challenge set, Drinker

*WAY out of my league

*You're underpaid

*Blew up the hotel TV

*To get the ball rolling

*Cleansing fire

*This is a nice litmus test


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Monday, July 18, 2005

Do share!

A question for my fellow traffic-obsessed bloggers.

Have you noticed any difference in the amount of traffic you are getting lately vs., say a few weeks or a month ago?

If so... do share!

there are 29 doodles

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Paige said...

Yeah, but it's actually been down the past few days...besides the weekend, I usually don't get a whole lot on the weekend anyway. But I've had about 30 less than usual. Maybe it's because my posts have been sucking.

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Paige said...

Maybe it's because I'm to good to miss instead of a daily read???? huh, every think of that?

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger MooCow said...

Based on the referrals, I think Blogger changed the way their "next blog" button works because I'll go days without getting any (shut. it. I meant referrals) and then suddenly end up with 40 in an hour.

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous christina said...

I don't have a way of tracking traffic...so who knows.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Autumn said...

My traffic has been WAY down!! Is there a reason for this that you're aware of?? I figured more people were on vacation and in less of routine.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger A* said...

Well you and I have talked about this...
but yeah, mine is down a bit too. Although, I haven't posted as much as I should have so that may be the reason for my traffic going to sh*t!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Serra said...

Mine took a big spike at the beginning of the month, but I found out it was from the Sunday's Blogger link at Odd Todd. Then it took a little leveling-off, but the last five days have been awful--half the traffic. No idea why.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Vivian to Some said...

I'm just happy to still have readers after a month of not posting. Now if only they would comment...

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

My traffic tends to go up when I post something controversial or something about sex. Go figure.

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Bathroom Reading said...

Could it be because Sage doesn't trigger traffic watching programs?

Hey, RSS has to have some drawbacks!

My traffic also seems down by about 20% over the past few weeks.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Kira said...

I have nothing set up to tally traffic. I can only go by comments posted, and the number hasn't changed for the last couple of months really. Eh, or it has and I haven't noticed... I can be fairly oblivious at times :)

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Maria said...

I had a huge jump from last night. Don't know why.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

Agreed. I thought it was just me. I was afriad people didn't love me anymore.

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

You know I have noticed that I have been waiting at stop lights for longer times lately. Plus, I got stuck on the I-15 today. There was also the time that the traffic light was out and it became a giant four-way stop and I had to wait....

Oh, you meant internet...oh sorry.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger bornfool said...

Well, I seem to be the exception. my traffic has gone up, mostly due i'm sure to WordWhiz featuring me last week. My traffic was pretty pitiful to begin with though so anything is an improvement.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger julie said...

I rarely get new readers. I have regulars and they hardly ever comment, but I see there little ISP addresses and feel all warm and fuzzy. BUT - I did notice a LOT of hits from new visitors on one particular post after a number of people googled "history of underwire." Hmmmm. Maybe it is Bra Awareness week.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Mercy said...

I think mine have been up, but through blogger they've been down.

I don't really get any "next blog" referrals.

Of course the weekends I'm lucky if I get any visits .. my blog is a ghost town then :P

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger ERL said...

i have sorta, but just when i've been away for a few days and not posting much.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Firefly said...

i have been reading... just not commenting... so i thought i would say hi!

aloha, ff

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Dragonfly said...

I have 2 blogs and have meters on both... and honestly. I have stopped paying attention.

I have noticed I am getting more comments from people I haven't visited so that's something.

I do stop in here regularily and rarely comment (I think... it is so hard to keep track of these things). But I do love your posts.

Like Vegas I was originally going to mention the tourist traffic here in Niagara Falls, then I figured out what you were talking about... sometimes I am too tired for my own good!

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Amber said...

I have a generic thingy(marvel at my techspeak) that tracks numbers and one that will tell me what countries visit my page, but nothing ultra sophisticated that tells me about URLS or IP's. I haven't even managed to turn up in a google search so I'm like ignorant about all this info about traffic. I judge by comments and they are less than before. I think it's cuz no one has anything to say. I haven't been exercising on my page long either so I'm like way down the food chain here.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger arthur decko said...

i'm not tracking mine. i figure, i am gonna write my tripe whether people read it or not....i figure i get about 2 hits a day, including me....

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger julie said...

Hof-
Glad you stopped by - nothing but grand things to say about A, as well. Revel in the weekend, as I know you shall.
Oh, and count me in as one of the fan herd.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger allison said...

Oh dear, I have been fighting the urge to check my site meter obsessively. must. resist. don't...check...

I am bad enough with comments - I do that little golf-clap "oh goodie, a comment" thing whenever I get a new one.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger You Can't Afford Me said...

my web traffic has been out of control for the last month. but these last few days have been insane, though i know the reason why. and i am not too proud of it (but i'm not ashamed either)

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Foilwoman said...

If I write about sex, a lot of hits. If I write about despair, a lot of hits. If I write about both, simultaneously, beaucoup hits. As for times of day . . . well, most people seem to feel perfectly comfortable blogging during work hours and from their work computers (a career change opportunity invitation as stated in the handbooks of many employers which has been held up in court).

Weekends (when one would presumably have more free time), not so much traffic. I think it's evidence of the decline of morality in the modern world.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Van said...

Blog traffic almost always drops in July and August.

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Paige said...

Now what I what to know is: Why do you ask?

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger hofzinser said...

I talked to a few bloggers and we noticed our traffic was down. I wanted to see if this was a season thing or not.... Funny thing, as soon as I asked, my traffic started to climb again.

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here