*The little evil part of her smiles inside

*Does not breed well

*She lumped tomatoes pt II

*It is entirely too shiny

*Wise

*More sodium than salt

*They finally cut off some heads

*She lumped tomatoes

*Today

*DLS #1


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Sunday, July 10, 2005

I was less than half the person I should've been

Several years ago I was in a very bad place and did a very stupid thing.

At the time there were over forty employees in the department I ran. All of them were road warriors, as was I. They flew out on Thursdays and returned on Sundays. Week after week traveling to a city then home only to fly out to another city the following Thursday.

I had just broken up with my live-in girlfriend at the time who cheated on me. I did not like myself very much and liked her even less. I had been living here in South Florida for only 14 months or so and had made no new friends. My travel schedule made "getting out and meeting new people" a tad tough.

Often I would do unscheduled "drop ins" on a city. One of my teams would be at a city, working, and I would show up unscheduled to audit their performance. On one of these trips I decided to take the team out for dinner which turned into drinks. One of the team members was a very friendly and attractive Columbian woman a few years my junior.

We all proceeded to get trashed at a piano bar in the hotel. Her and I proceeded to flirt more as the glasses got emptier. Flirting and making googly eyes rolled into deliberately excessive touching. I got up and went to the bathroom which was located outside of the bar and in the hotel lobby. As I left the restroom she was standing there.

We kissed.

Before either of us knew it, we were in my hotel room doing very bad things. The kind of things an employee and a supervisor are not supposed to do. She spent the night and fabricated a story to her coworker/roommate about staying at an old friend's house in the city.

For several weeks, when I was in the same city with her team, we would sneak off to indulge in our affair. People got suspicious and someone sent an anonymous email to the CEO. He asked me to come to his office and confronted me. I did not lie.

Once it was clear the affair was consenting sans any prid-quo-quo, I was reprimanded, handed a lower salary and allowed to continue in my role as the department head. She left the company a few months later of her own accord.

We caught up with each other a few months after she left and dated for several months. Being a complete asshole, I ended up getting back together with the ex-live-in girlfriend.

How did I break up with the never-did-anything-wrong ex-employee?

I stopped answering her calls and never called her back.

Why?

Because, at that time, I was less than half the person I should've been.

there are 13 doodles

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Serra said...

People actually get reprimanded for this? Unusual...

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Mercy said...

People usually get fired.

Ah the mysterious no returning the phone calls, paint your own picture conclusion.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Kira said...

Hof--

It is great that you realize you screwed up and acknowledge it. Most men I know would try and force the situation into something different to make them look better. I admire you for not doing so.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger You Can't Afford Me said...

That's horrible. That is the reason I break up with guys before they get the chance to ignore me. I would rather be the one who hurts them, than be the one ignored and left.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger You Can't Afford Me said...

Oh, and my reasoning behind it is most guys are too chicken shit to just tell a girl they no longer want to see them. It's too confrontational. Most guys don't like confrontation.

So the minute I think something is up, I leave, just to be on the safe side.

It's sad, I know. But if guys weren't such assholes, I wouldn't have this problem.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Mr. Drinker said...

hmm....avoided calls and stopped calling them...did you coin this?

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Foilwoman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Foilwoman said...

And now that you admit this was not exactly stellar behavior you have made amends by doing what?

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

Wasn't this one of my "Why do men.." questions? Why do men break up with you by avoiding you until you figure it out, instead of being honest and doing it face-to-face...or, at the very least, over the phone??

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

... and you learnt from that experience.

Just wanna say hi from Sandra's blog.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Autumn said...

Well, I'm glad you realized that it was not a good thing (to never call back), but I wish people like you would just fess up in the first place. It's so cowardly, don'tcha think?

And it sounded like you had such fun with her!! Shit like can really put a damper on ones life, you know. She probably thought it was something SHE did. *sigh*

Ok, enough guilt trip. :)

You've got A* now so who cares about the past, right?

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger A* said...

Woot! That's why I love Autumn :)

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger C. said...

Love your blog! Just checked it out for the first time today and I already love your sketches!

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here