*Through the thinnest air

*In those jeans

*I was less than half the person I should've been

*The little evil part of her smiles inside

*Does not breed well

*She lumped tomatoes pt II

*It is entirely too shiny

*Wise

*More sodium than salt

*They finally cut off some heads


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Tuesday, July 12, 2005

This is a nice litmus test

Dinner was wrapping up and it proved to her to be a good first date. He is well spoken, attractive and made her laugh more than once. The plates were cleared and they continued to chat as they finished off their bottle of wine.

"So, you travel a lot with work?"

"Yes. I think I've stayed in every hotel in every city. If I see another Marriott I might flip!", he answers.

"So you've been to New York"

"I love that city. I have several clients there and make it into the city several times a year."

She smiles and says, "I love it there too! I love the feeling that anything can happen. It seems like everything happens in New York."

"I hear ya! One night I was working out at the hotel gym and I ended up having a threesome with two personal trainers after it closed. It was WILD!"

This is the fourteenth installment in the "Why do Men...?" series inspired from comments on this post.

The groovy WordWhiz asked: Why do men...
think we want to know about their past conquests??

[Because you need to know how high the bar is set and who you are competing against, damnit! Now shut it and kneel before me! -HofSnark]

Thanks, HofSnark... now for a real answer to another great question.

The answer to this is tied to the well known Stud/Whore double standard. We men are socialized to believe our sexual self-worth is tied to the number of women we've bed and what we did with them. You women are socialized to believe sex is bad and is only done by women of less-than-acceptable moral standard.

Believe it or not, somewhere in out heads we think because these stories impress our buddies, they MUST impress you as well.

If you encounter a man who seems to constantly ring in past sexual conquests into conversation you are facing a man that is insecure about his virility and potency as a sexual male. If you encounter a man that is comfortable with his sexual history (does not skirt the issue) BUT does not turn a conversation that starts with "what is your favorite color" into "Did I mention the asian twins I banged in the study cube in college?" you are facing a man who is comfortable with his own sexual persona. It is kinda like the guy who hates anything or anyone "gay". He has yet to decide which team he plays for and thinks that pushing away lifestyle (b) will eliminate it from contention. He's the guy trying out the glory holes at your local peep booths.

Solution: This is a nice litmus test for you ladies to use to measure the sexual mental state of your man. Is he happy with himself as a lover? Is he sexually healthy? People with a little money talk about money all the time. People with A TON of money never talk about money. Get the idea?

If you would like your "Why do Men...?" question answered in a future post be sure to leave your question as a comment HERE.


there are 5 doodles

At 6:13 PM, Blogger Paige said...

ha, I bet "a chick" is mad you didn't do her suggestion! Oh well, great post nonetheless.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

I promised myself I would do them in the order received. a chick got me back working on these... she is in pipeline.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Autumn said...

ha! my current man won't even tell me ANY details ............. ok BARELY any details of his past. It's like trying to dig through cement to get anything out of him!!

I almost think I'm AFRAID to ask you any questions! You might tell me something I don't want to hear! ;) But maybe I will anyway.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

And you remain....MY HERO!! :-)

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Yea what does it mean when they won't tell you anything? ANYTHING. They want to know all about you but tell you only htere was someone else, or a few others - nothing serious. Tell us, oh wise one, what does that mean?

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here