*You're underpaid

*Blew up the hotel TV

*To get the ball rolling

*Cleansing fire

*This is a nice litmus test

*Through the thinnest air

*In those jeans

*I was less than half the person I should've been

*The little evil part of her smiles inside

*Does not breed well


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Thursday, July 14, 2005

WAY out of my league

[WARNING: the following post may lead to a trip to your dentist]

On April 1st I met the woman I will spend the rest of my life with. I did not know it then but figured it out pretty quickly. Why do I love A* so much? It's not just for posts on her blog like this one. No, there are so many other reasons:
  1. She loves me for the reasons I want to be loved. She loves my mind, how I think and what I say. She loves me for my creativity and artistic antics (which I pass off as art).
  2. She is so thoughtful. She knows what to say and when to say it. She does little things that make no sense but mean the world to me ($12.00 to fed-ex $1.50 boxes of Jelly Belly Beans 'cause I love them).
  3. She is so fucking smart. What little she doesn't know, she loves to learn about. I can talk to her about anything. I don't have to explain what I am talking about. When I give her a book (Like PJ's Parliament of Whores) she consumes it. When we disagree about things political or social, I am OK with her opinion because I know it is thought through.
  4. She thinks I am a good writer. You all know better so keep your YAPPER SHUT.
  5. Good LORD, she is stunning and sweet on the eyes. A Venezuelan/Cuban cocktail with soft amber skin, lips that start wars, a figure the masters would lop off ears to paint and eyes that see what you are (not what you show yourself as).
  6. She is so generous with her feelings, thoughts and affection. She indulges my silly passions when they only deserve to be laughed at.
  7. She loves what I love. She appreciates what I love that she doesn't understand. Why? For the sole reason that I love it.
  8. Make no mistake about it, she is a lover that even my deepest imagination was unable to conjure. (Damn the distance, now I have to take a break. I'll be back in about 10 minutes)
  9. (back) She makes me a better person by being the one she loves. I don't deserve her, she is WAY out of my league.
  10. She is so talented. She writes with a rhythm and voice that makes you feel like she's in the room with you when you read.
  11. When you talk, she listens. You feel like you are the only person in the room with her.
yep... I am in love.

there are 21 doodles

At 1:58 PM, Blogger Van said...

Great post Hoff.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Autumn said...

/jealous on/

I wanna be in love like that!!!!! :)

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Serra said...

I....I just can't...stifle...it...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Bathroom Reading said...

Can't.

Move.

Stuck.

In.

Sap.

Then again, as you know, I'm in the same sappy boat. And as someone who has that same sort of love, I know how lucky you are.

Of course, as the guy who has to go see movies with Mr. Drinker, you deserve all the happiness you can get. (You know I'm not letting that one go so quickly!)

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Paige said...

Allright, someone is gonna have to spill on Mr. Drinker's taste in movies, 'cause you guys are killing me!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

I will post on his "taste" in movies today or tomorrow...

I just have to find the strength and stomach.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Mesabi Red ;) said...

I would kill to hear things like that! You two are so lucky to have found each other. I love love stories like yours!

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Mr. Drinker said...

ok...enough with the supposed bad taste in movies...

BR: you just wait until I post on our evening...there are a couple of things I didn't let go either my friend...

Hof: we go to movies together and hold hands...I don't think it is right that you post about my taste, because they mainly reside in your mouth...

love ya, mean it

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger You Can't Afford Me said...

that was so sweet. i lurve the two of you!

it did made me sad cause it reminds me of what my ex has said about me when we were together. i wish i had that love again.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger allison said...

I'm with Autumn. I wanna be in love like that too. big sigh.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger mcgibfried said...

i read that once..
and then again..

and still no sign of the girly man that must have wrote it..

'cause hoff's a MAN'S MAN!

dammit.

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger a chick said...

congrats. sounds like you're a lucky guy! best wishes

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

McG, I guess I should post about banging her until she gave back things she never stole. Would that restore your faith?

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Dragonfly said...

That was a great post.

So jealous.
I too, want to be in love like that.

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger dopeybugs said...

Ok, I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now...

love you guys, for you both have been there for me...in ways you have NO idea.

you're both amazing.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

Awwww...she is a beautiful lady, inside and out. And you are an awesome writer. You won't find anyone arguing that fact. (YOU said A* was smart...just take her word for it! and mine, even though I'm not as smart!) This is very sweet. I think you are both unbelievably lucky people. (And you make a darned good-looking pair!!)

And...like I've said before...like Autumn, I'm envious as shit!!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Islandgirl said...

I love you guys!!!!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Vivian to Some said...

Verry sweet! Do you have a brother?

(Just found you thanks to BR - great writing and sketching!)

Viv

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger hofzinser said...

I have two V.

Craftsman is 28, Youngest is 23.

They are both better looking and kinder than I and live in Charlotte, NC.

Let me know... I'll Fed-ex your choice to your doorstep.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

Vivian: Hof has already offered the Craftsman to me!! I suppose you can have his other brother, assuming he's not spoken for.
;-)

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Avatar said...

Aaaawww...!

(*hurl!*)

Kidding. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here