*No food for you

*No biggie

*Woot!

*Dan, thanks for letting me "Sketch You Up!"

*The cave I rented

*Damnit

*All the problems

*Without wasting any of the creamy goodness

*Intolerant?

*And a back rub


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Friday, July 29, 2005

Who ARE those guys?

I am a very vivid dreamer. I wake up every morning remembering one or more of my dreams. It sometimes take a minute or so when I first wake up to decipher what is reality and what was just a dream.

I've trained myself to be a semi-lucid dreamer. Many times I am able to self-realize in a dream ("this is a dream!") and manipulate the course of the dream. It doesn't happen every time I dream. For no known reason, I take the awareness within the dream as an opportunity to fly. Strangely, I fly in my dreams by holding and manipulating my breath. Breath controls my speed and altitude.

For as long as I can remember I've also had two recurring dreams. More recurring themes in a dream than the same exact dream over and over again.

Does anyone knock?
In this dream I am with a girl. It can be someone I know, someone I am with in real life or someone I recognize or even someone imaginary. Her and I are hanging out somewhere semi-public (A park, a party, a restaurant or such).

We get to talking and one thing leads to another. It is obvious we are both horny so we sneak off and find a place to be alone (room with a closed door or something). Just as we get started getting started we are interrupted. Someone innocently comes into our space. We are never "caught" but the private place we found stops being private and we flee in search of a new location. We find one and it happens again... and again... and again.

Grab the torches!
The dream starts with me doing something in or around a group of people. Somehow (and the how varies widely from dream-to-dream) the people around me decide they need to "get" me. Sometimes they just need to talk to me, sometimes they intend me harm, sometimes they think I did something and sometimes I don't know why the are after me.

I start by getting away from the small group. They appear later and I am unable to shake them ("Who ARE those guys?" - obscure movie quote). As the dream progresses their numbers increase and the feeling of impending danger increases as well. It eventually turns into a full-out chase dream but I am always chased by an angry mob (though they did not start off angry or as a mob.)

So... you being my favorite reader (just you, don't tell the others), what to YOU think these dreams mean and why do I have one or both at least once a week? Why the tie between breath control and flying? Put your small round wire rim glasses on, grab your pad of paper. I am on your couch and paying you $100 and hour. Analyze me...

Day 2 of 7 of the diet
Start weight:180
Today's weight: 180

there are 10 doodles

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Andy said...

The best way to look at dreams is that all the charaters in them are representations of different parts of yourself. You have to define what the characters mean to you. The girl, the interupting person, the people who need something from you (it's interesting that your first comment as to why they are after you is that they want to "talk to you"), the mob, they all have significance. You also have to look at what is happening in your life when you have these dreams. Are you under stress... in a relationship.... trying to make a relationship work? These things provide a context about why we might have a certain dream. And reoccuring dreams happen for a reason. In our lives, we all tend to fall back into pattern of behavior, which would most likely effect what is happening in our life and therefore provide the same context for that specific dream.

My interpretation of the "Does anyone knock" dream could be related to your desire to find an intimate relationship. The interuption (who interupts... look closely... may not be the same person, but is it always a woman? If not, does the "interuptor" remind you of someone?) could be a part of you that doesn't want the intimacy for a particular reason... fear of total committment... insecurity in the face of vulnerability. I can only make assumptions based on what I know about you (which is very limited). You have to take it the rest of the way.

The "grab the torches" dream may be related to work, friendships or intimate relationship. It may signify that you are overwhelmed with other people's needs (or even your own needs). Again, you have to look into what is happening in your life, because it sets the context of the dream.

The flying thing... Do you scuba dive? Bounancy is often controlled by breathing... so I would make that connection... but I dive and if you don't, it doesn't fit. Flying in general signifies mastery of something (if you believe in universality). So my interpretation of holding your breath to fly may mean that you feel you have the abilty to master your environment, but it takes a lot of concentration and focus to do so.

Or... the cigar may be a cigar...

BTW: The check should be payable to Andy's Counseling Services...

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger deanne said...

My mother bought me a fantastic dream dictionary when I was about 13, and ever since then, I've been interpreting my dreams (and occasionally friends). The first thing I'd say, is you can never fully interpret someone else's dream accurately because there are so many other factors (what the dreamer is currently going through in waking life, their past, how they felt when they woke up etc), but on surface level I'd say:

Dream No 1: Perhaps you feel 'other people' always get in the way of your relationships? Or maybe they have done in the past, maybe you let someone go because you were (without realising it at the time, or maybe even now) influenced by them?

Dream No 2: Maybe you feel as though you never get any peace and quiet? Maybe you feel as though people depend on you too much, and when you try to back off, they get offended?

It's also worth considering that chase dreams - and the 'falling' dream - are classic anxiety dreams. What are you anxious about?

More to the point, I'd ask "What's going on in your life when you have these two dreams? Do they occur when you [Dream No 1] start a new relationship? Or when you're [Dream No 2] experiencing high stress/anxiety levels in waking life?"

Now that I've finished my novel (sorry Hof!) where's my 100 bucks huh?

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger deanne said...

Snap - Andy and I are pretty much on the same track! You owe us both!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Madame D said...

Hmmm, on the breath control and flying. I have dreams of flying several times a week. I control it by how I think. Hmmm.
And the interruption dream? I haven't had one in awhile, but I would have ones where I was trying to cheat on my husband, and I'd FINALLY be alone with said person, then said husband would be headed home, so I couldn't do anything. Actually, those kind of pissed me off, because I couldn't even get any dream nookie!
Well, now that I've told you about mine, I suppose I should think about yours, huh?
I don't like to interpret other's dreams. It's hard enough to interpret what people say when they're talking regularly.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Steve said...

I'd agree with what's been said here already. Particularly with regards to your second dream. Do you perhaps feel burdened with being a shoulder for people to cry on? That no matter where you are people always want you for something, be it advice or something work related.

I've pretty much said what Deanne said in a different way, but that's definitely how I'd read it.

But as Andy said it's hard to analyse further without knowing you better.

I think you have an incredible gift here, I'd love to be able to remember my dreams. I rarely do, and if I do, the memory fades remarkably quickly.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger mcgibfried said...

i'm still pissed that my gal dreamt i cheated on her and then got all pissy..

if only there were TRULY a wa to decipher these things...

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger deanne said...

A big key for dream interpretation, is that it's entirely personal to the dreamer - two people could have very similar dreams, but they may mean something totally different depending on where they're at in life. While bouncing your dream off someone else can help you think of something you haven't thought about before, it all comes down to what YOU think it means.

And that's the only true way to interpret dreams!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger ERL said...

did you sketch that picture? i love it.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger hofzinser said...

I wish I created that pic. I found it via Google images and it fit the post perfectly.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Valerie - Riding Solo said...

I think I see where the mob dream came from...LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here