*In their dark, but idling, trucks

*Who ARE those guys?

*No food for you

*No biggie

*Woot!

*Dan, thanks for letting me "Sketch You Up!"

*The cave I rented

*Damnit

*All the problems

*Without wasting any of the creamy goodness


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Even more paranoid than normal

If you read the last post you learned of Seanacai's and my lack of mental stimulation in high school. There are thousands of stories about our mischief... here is but one more.

He and I created a game. We called it "The Killer". It was played during school hours and the rules were very simple:
  • Each player receives a card with another player's name on it. This is their target.
  • Each player receives a page of dot stickers (small colored circle stickers)
  • Each player is to "assassinate" their target.
  • If you are successful in "assassinating" your target, you take your victim's target card. That is your new target.
  • The game is over when one person has all the cards (the last one standing).
  • If you make any overt action that reveals you are playing "Killer" to anyone outside of the game, you are dead and you turn your cards into the comptroller (man we came up with wicked cool names!). Nobody is to ever know the game is being played unless they are in the game.
  • You have successfully "assassinated" your target if you can arrange to get your dot sticker on their person without the target being aware they are being "stuck".
  • You can touch your target as long as they do not know you are placing a sticker.
  • You can leave the sticker on a chair, wall, etc for the target to "impale" themselves.
  • You CANNOT have any other person involved in the assassination. It must be your work.
  • If your target is aware of the sticker being placed, another attempt cannot be made within 24 hours.
  • If successfully get the sticker in place, inform your target they are dead (show them your card with their name) and request their cards (including their active target). Their target becomes your next target.
Needless to say this created exactly the amount of chaos we were hoping for. Because everything had to be covert you were always on high alert. Only we had the list of players. The players never knew who, exactly, was playing. Every time someone bumped you in the hall you frantically checked for a sticker. You were always keeping one eye on everything around you. We made a large group of pizza faced teenagers even more paranoid than normal.

The first time we ran the game there were only our 7 dorkiest friends playing. By game 3 the list of players was well above 25. By game 5 the number of players was well into three digits. When we graduated we bequeathed the game to an underclassman and, we've been told, the game was played for years after we left.

So I can die now knowing I left something greater than I to this world. This is a better place because of me.

Take care; I have to go and read a Spider-man comic or something... I shall wallow in my dorkitude like a pig in mud.

there are 8 doodles

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Kira said...

Ok, Hof, I'm going to respond, but I'm afraid I have to use the "D" word. I will just rely upon your good nature that you will love me anyway :)

When I was 16 and at Duke, we played a similar game called Assassin. There were 60 to 70 of us who would play at any point and time. We used water guns. We had cards with names, but no stickers...you had to shoot somebody with the water gun to "kill." You COULD get somebody to help you plan out a kill, but you had to fire the actual water gun. Dorm rooms were "safe" areas, and so were actual classrooms. I was usually one of the last five standing, and then I'd be a nervous wreck and blow it...haha! Man that was fun.

*coughs* Ok, but we already KNEW I was a supreme geek. Got some comics right here for ya, Hof, some spidies, some groo, some daredevils--but only the frank miller ones--oh, and a few xmen...let's see what else we've got here... ;)

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger hofzinser said...

...you know Groo! Holy crap.... that may be the coolest (read:dorkiest) thing ever.

Many of the players went to Puke after high school... I wonder if they brought the game with them.

How bizarre would that be?!?

BTW, read any of the Ultimate series'? Gotta give Joe at Marvel credit.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Islandgirl said...

Oh that is so supremely dorky!

But I love it!!!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Kira said...

Nope! I've heard good things about the Ultimate series, but I haven't read them yet.

I have loved Groo for too long. Haven't been able to afford to buy any in a long time, but I have the first Groo ever (back when it was an independent), signed by Sergio Aragones! *caresses it* My precccioussssss. He signs all of the Groos with a quick-draw of Groo himself. SO COOL!

I don't know where the Assassin game came from. I keep thinking that this would have been before when you likely would have done it, though...was 1986. But maybe not? My RA in the dorm was the one who suggested it originally, Leslie. I thought she was from South Florida somewhere. It's been a long time, and my brain doesn't function as well anymore.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger allison said...

There is a huge game of Assassination being played in NYC right now. It even made the news!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

*shrugs shoulders*

Makes you wonder where ideas come from. What weapon are the using in NYC's game?

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

Yep, you win the dork crown. I bow to your dorkdom.

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous christina said...

Sounds like somebody just read Prep. :)

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here