*The first things to be bought and sold

*Pile of stuff

*Spiders crawling all over your skin

*Miss Paige, thanks for letting me "sketch you up"!...

*Even more paranoid than normal

*In their dark, but idling, trucks

*Who ARE those guys?

*No food for you

*No biggie

*Woot!


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Sunday, August 07, 2005

Stealing Internet

On Friday I had the pleasure of finally meeting Jules and Allison. I've been an avid reader of their work for as long as I've blogged and have a terrible confession to make. When I come across women who are this talented (their writing is so captivating and HIL-A-R-EOUS) I expect them to be not-so-good looking. Why? I don't know but I do. I guess I imagine ladies who led a tortured life as outcasts that found solace through honing their writing skills.

I could not be more wrong.

Spencer (Jules' other half, whom I also met) has himself a stunning gal. Allison is proof that NYC is a city of fools. How does a city let someone so talented and so attractive stay single for long?

They are officially tied for third in the Prettiest of NYC contest (A* and Dan will always be the prettiest).

It was a great night of long-lost friends finally meeting for the first time. I had a smashing time.

I finished Catcher in the Rye yesterday. I'd never read it before (yet the paper I wrote on it in high school scored an "A"). What a book. Written in 1945, it was so ahead of its time. Salinger's writing style is so unique. You feel like you are in Holden's head. You understand him and his crazy. Great effing book.

Yesterday was such a great day. A* and I always seem to over-book our visits. We find ourselves running around meeting friends and making engagements. For my visit this time, we set aside yesterday as No Plans Saturday. We did a whole lotta nothing (and a little something). Just being lazy and whimsical with her allowed me to decompress for the first time in awhile. I am so relaxed and cannot imagine being away from her again.

I'm here until Wednesday morning then off to DC for some speaking engagements. I am sitting in the Hoboken Starbucks stealing internet from someone's wireless connection upstairs. The four-wheel army has arrived and clogged the place up again.

there are 13 doodles

At 11:13 AM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

I have thought the same thing about certain people too. I am glad that I am not alone in that.
I don't know if you read how I proposed to my wife, but hearing that you just loved having your nothing day with A* reminded me of it. That is when I knew and that is when I proposed to her while just doing nothing. It is a great feeling.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger arthur decko said...

you mean hoboken nj? mark leyner, the coolest writer in the world, is from there.

enjoy dc. are you going to "politics and prose"? nice bookstore.

catcher in the rye is a great book, as is franey and zooey and nine stories. salinger has that "quality" about him, ya know?

have a good trip.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Hi Uncle Hof!

I think you should end a post with: Uncle Hof loves you, but thinks your blog needs more cowbell.

Only because I've been watching too much SNL.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger mcgibfried said...

funny = ugly has always been a presumption that i have made....

i guess i should cut it out!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Paige said...

Don't know why...but I'm feeling a little ugly now. Either it's your post or the marathon of America's Next Top Model!

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger MooCow said...

I always pictures Allison as having a pirate hook and a hunchback.

Does she at least have the pirate hook?

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Sorry I missed you on Friday, Hofz. Sounds like it was a great time. Perhaps next time you're in town we can hook up.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Islandgirl said...

Don't you love reading old books you were "supposed" to read in high school and find out how utterly fabulous they are!?! I just read Jane Eyre again and couldn't believe I didn't like it when I was in school (Probably had something to do with being forced to read it). I'll have to try and pick up Catcher in the Rye now!

Glad you got a "litte something" in this weekend and had a fab time :-)

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger allison said...

Yes. There is hook. So, I've got that going for me.

Thanks, Hof (as I blush). It was awesome. Hope the rest of your trip iw wonderful.

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Jules said...

I have to say, that the cumulative hotness that was at that table...probably caused a polar icecap to crack, and we will ultimately be responsible for the apocalyptic flooding of the continents. Oh well. Quite a way to go. I feel the same about you and your darling girl. Ca't wait for the next installment.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger A* said...

I love having you here.
I love having you walk me to work in the AM.

I wish you never had to leave. :(

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Mercy said...

I love that book .. I'm going to go buy it now for my permanent collection.

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here