*HOFergize your day

*sniff

*Wow

*Thrown together by all with love

*Kill me for that one

*I robot

*Get out of our way

*Never been developed

*Your wife in the copy room

*For now


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Saturday, September 10, 2005

$50 Reward for YOU!

For no particular reason my DVD R/W drive has disappeared. My previously fully-functional CD-ROM drive is no longer recognized in Windows XP. No sign of it in My Computer. It was there from the day I built my computer then, for no good reason, it suddenly vanished.

The physical drive opens, closes, yada, yada. Just not showing up in the OS.

So...

I need the Techie CDROM Dog the Bounty Hunter. If you think you can find my drive, email me. If you, in fact, find it (I can call you for some phone tech support love) then I will send you $50.

Challenge set.

Email me you Drive-Hunting fool!

there are 8 doodles

At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Christina said...

All I can do for you is wish you luck.
Because I am the girl who can't even get her browser to load.

(But yay, I'm back!)

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger WendyKat said...

hey! mine disapeared too! only, it won't even open and close! stupid... sigh.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Amber said...

I know where all my drives are, mine just doesn't burn. If I was there I would work on it for you and possibly even fix it, however since I'm here and don't know much what system you have etc I'm not much help. Sorry - but come by or email me if you want som e tips any how I'll give ya what I have.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

I cannot find your email... shoot me one?

askhofzinser@gmail.com

Would you be willing to try some tech support over the phone?

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Kira said...

Alex is babbling at me now and I'm not able to make sense of it...let me let him type:

Well, I am no expert but this is what seems to make sense to me: there are two cables attached to your Cd/DvD rom inside your computer. The first is the power: that’s why you are able to still open and close it. The second is a large cable that is attached to the motherboard. I had a similar problem with my old motherboard: the plug where the cable was attached to the motherboard had died and anything component attached to it (Hard drive, CD rom, Dvd rom) just didn’t work.
I would recommend you open up your PC and try switching the cable and dvd-rom from ports (there are usually two per motherboard).
I can’t see why the OS would suddenly delete and not recognize hardware so it must be the hardware: either the port on the motherboard (ouch) or simply the cable that links the drive to the motherboard.
I hope this helps,
Alex

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Kira said...

Oh, and if you want to ask him tomorrow (Sunday) any questions, you can call me, but you need to email me and ask for the phone number ;) (kiraln@charter.net)

He just told me he won't take money, period. He knows a fair bit about computers but doesn't have a degree or job in the field.

Oh, and the penalty of talking to him on the phone is: YOU get to figure out his brit/french accent ;) LMAO The first time I heard it, I had a bit of a time comprehending what he was saying! His mom is a Brit, so his English as he learned it was as a Brit...but he's lived nearly his entire life in France, so it's English also influenced by his French.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Mercy said...

Did you find it? Mine disappeared, but that was in my laptop. I just deleted the driver and anything else remotely related to it. Took it out of the bay and placed it back in. XP loaded all the necessary stuff back and it worked. I don't know if that helps, but eh, it was worth mentioning :)

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Amber said...

amber7211 at lycos dot com
I'm in Canada eh, so to do tech support o'er the phone takes some mighty calling plans for decent rates I hear.

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here