*Um, yea, hi, how ya doin'?... Contest part II

*Contest!

*Visiting at all hours

*Which of you are up to it?

*I've met her

*Real discourse

*Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun

*So it goes (and an update on the BIQ)

*You already know what HofSnark thinks.

*Why, you ask?


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Thursday, September 29, 2005

DOH!

I have a coffee press which I use to make my morning java love. If you are not familiar with coffee presses.... (pictured)

You grind your beans and dump them in the bottom of the press. You pour boiling water onto the grounds then press the plunger. The coffee is brewed as it mixes the grounds and water and the press forces the grounds to the bottom so you can pour the coffee heaven into your cup of loving.

If you love coffee and don't have a press... you don't really love coffee. If you are using a coffee machine you actually are really fond of coffee. You think coffee is cute and fun to hang out with. Coffee makes you laugh and you both enjoy each other's company. You don't love coffee, though. I mean love-LOVE not a "yea, coffee's cool"-love.

ANYWAY

My love for my pressed coffee is also matched with me being an idiot. I have a routine (as with most things in my life)(read: I am an OCD freak).

I put water in the kettle and start the boil. I then grind the beans, they go in the press. I get my coffee cup (read: vat) and put my light soy milk and sugar in it. The water boils.

You are guarenteed at least 1 out of 6 times instead of pouring the boiling water into the press so the magic can happen, I will just pour the boiling water directly into the cup. This creates a less-than-magical drink of watered down sweetened light soy milk. Not so tasty.

Why my brain skips and ignores the 400lbs press on the counter and feels the need to pour the water in the cup (skipping a pretty important step) has yet to be researched and documented.

DOH!

there are 9 doodles

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Joe said...

hmmmm...been thinking about getting a press, and now you've convinced me Hofz.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Serra said...

It's the lack of coffee that makes you do that Hof. I was hoping to get a press for my birthday but I think I'll have to pop for one myself.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger AnonymousCoworker said...

I don't even like coffee and can attest that coffee from a press is THE BOMB!

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Bathroom Reading said...

I had the press. But then it found out that every once in a while, I drank tea. There was a huge fight. I don't like to talk about it. I've sent flowers, pleaded, and abased myself, but to no avail. Alas, I'm stuck with my Braun 12-cup coffeemaker.

Such is life.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Paige said...

I'm not even fond of coffee, unless it's in a cute little bottle marked "Frapachino" but we ALL know that isn't real coffee!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger allison said...

Serra said it. Lack of coffee makes Hof a slow boy.

Coffee is god. I mean, good. Either way.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Autumn said...

I don't even have a press but I've accently done that when I forgot to put coffee in my coffee maker and still let the water run through!

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Put the soymilk in the press. Then if you pour the water in the cup, just add it to the press too. :)

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Murk said...

...soymilk? I'm disappointed.

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here