*Why, you ask?

*Words and passion

*Aint so bad

*OMG, the Fins kicked ASS

*I am stuck here

*$50 Reward for YOU!

*HOFergize your day

*sniff

*Wow

*Thrown together by all with love


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Friday, September 16, 2005

You already know what HofSnark thinks.

I've been fighting a battle.

It is the classic clashing of swords between the Hof on the right shoulder and the Hof on the left shoulder.

The horned Hof (Hhof) on the left shoulder says I should submit to my desire to post about another (to remain unnamed) blogger. This blogger in question (BIQ) has a world view and disposition that is very disheartening. This perspective has come to the forefront in the past six months on BIQ's blog.

The BIQ needs someone to grab them by the shoulders and shake them. Shake them hard and hope it brings some sense in the BIQ's broken soul. There is no sign that BIQ can come back to reality on their own.

BIQ had constructed a warped view of how the world works and is on a path that will only lead to more sadness and more pain. The worst part, the BIQ is not alone. The BIQ is bringing another on this path.

The winged Hof (Whof) on the right shoulder says I don't really know anything about the BIQ. He says I can not know BIQ anymore than anyone can know me by this blog. He says the moral thing is to say and do nothing and let BIQ lead BIQ (and company) to wherever they are going.

He says I am not in the cold-water-in-face business and that BIQ would not react well to any exposure. He says any post that strips away the smoke and mirrors and shines a bright spotlight on BIQ will only cause more harm. BIQ is in no position to hear what I feel the need to say.


Hhof says a blog war makes for great entertainment for everyone. There is no doubt a post about BIQ would result in such a thing.

Whof says a blog war will have only two casualties; BIQ's fragile self image and my always-under-construction soul.

Hhof says, "fuck it". Hhof thinks I've over thought the whole thing already. Hhof says write the damn post, get it off my chest and let the chips fall as they may.

Whof is handing me a token to get on the high road express.

You already know what HofSnark thinks.

there are 13 doodles

At 9:55 AM, Blogger Mel said...

I say don't do it. First of all, I've been in 3 blog wars and it got ugly. Down right nasty. I did not like being attacked or called ugly names. And no, of course I don't think you would be that kind of person, but I'm just saying, if I had it to do over, I would have just kept my mouth shut. I know you wouldn't want someone to get mad at you and say something ugly about the fabulous *A to you, now would you? And believe me, it could happen.

Secondly, this person probably would not take kindly to being "called out" in "public". That "smoke and mirrors" is there for a reason you know. But if you feel the need to say something, then email them. But I'm getting the feeling that this is more of a foe than friend, so in that case I would say, just let it go.

Trust me. I speak from experience on both counts.

Anyway, that's just MY two cents.

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Bathroom Reading said...

I'll take an opposite view. There's a big difference---which you've demonstrated admirably that you're well aware of---between presenting an alternate idea and attacking someone.

I trust in your ability to ride that line between "I think your ideas suck" and "you're a doofus."

Besides, we could all use a little entertainment.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger allison said...

I just want to know who it is. Sick little mind of mine wants the dish.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

then I would have to change the name to BIQBAKWTBI

(Blogger in question but allison knows who the blogger is)

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Paige said...

It's me isn't it? You don't like how I've been calling lurkers out do you? Well SCREW YOU MAN!

LoL, just kidding, I love ya Hof, even if it is me.

But, if it isn't me (well, even if it is) I say if you have concerns, write an email. Taking someone aside to talk might make them take pause and think about it. However, call them out in a crowd and they are going to get defensive, guarenteed!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger deanne said...

Of course, the womanly way of doing things would be to just email everyone you know and gossip scandalously in a bitchy manner!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger A* said...

LOL Deanne...

I can most def say that it is no one commenting here.

Mel and I are in agreement though. Hof and I have discussed the BIQ and he knows what I think: It would serve no purpose to Hof nor to the BIQ.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

I have to agree with Mel and A*. My mother always said, "If you can't say anything nice..."

Oh, you know the rest. It's one of those things ALL mothers say!!

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Van said...

The other path is to get totally passive aggressive on their hiney and only mention vaguely on your blog your considering stronger action...oh...you already did that...never mind...

The war has begun! Attack me? Ha! Distorted view of the world? Ha! I have not openned my eyes in years.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

You can do it. Tap it in Happy. Tap it in.

I posted. No shit.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Autumn said...

I'm with Deanne!! ;) The gossip in me wants a narshty email about what's going on!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Joe said...

I guess what it comes down to Hofz is this. Do you feel the need to confront BIQ in the hopes that this person will listen to what you have to say, or are you doing it because you disagree with that world view. If it's the former, I'd say confront. If it's the latter, well, I wouldn't.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Foilwoman said...

Why not provide advice and assistance? Where most people who tell the "truth" as they see it to others is this: they say "Your problem is _______" and follow it up with "You should __________". This sort of advice or commentary is most often useless (not Useless, like the delightful Useless Men who give out Useless Advice at http://uselessmen.blogspot.com/) not because the advice is wrong, but because it declares that the advisor is superior to the advisee who is cast in the role of other. The Golden Rule of Advice (as declared by me, take it for what it's worth) is this: If you think something is worth telling somebody what to do, it's also worth helping them. This was explained years ago by the Quakers. Some young idealistic Quaker would come along and speak to the gathering, once the spirit moved him or her and say something like this: "Slavery is evil and a problem. We should stop it." The others gathered would agree. Then an older, wiser head would smile, maybe a bit condescendingly at the youthful idealist and say "The Lord has moved you to see this problem, and must also have moved you to work to solve it. Otherwise the problem wouldn't be presented to you."

Thus, if you think BIQ is creating trouble because of low self esteem or being innately evil or because of troubles at home, well the Lord has moved you to see the BIQ's behavior as a problem. You perceive BIQ as having a problem. How can you help BIQ? By sharing your opinion? Or by showing the right path? Or by reaching out to make a friend? Obviously, doing anything other than sharing an opinion takes a commitment, possible long distance (maybe even transatlantic or transpacific -- I don't know where BIQ lives) phone calls, time and energy. But you're thinking about BIQ, and the problem seems important to you.

I would vote for action rather than explanation (and have received some interstate, transatlantic, and transpacific outreach of my own during my troubles, for which I will be eternally grateful); anyone can write an editorial -- it takes a real hero to actually do something.

Since I do not know who BIQ is, my opinion may be totally off the mark and I may be misunderstanding what you are saying. But if your question is "Should I speak or be silent?" my answer would be "Speak, but only if you are willing to back up your words with actions and gestures that give your words meaning. Otherwise, if you are willing to do nothing to help change the status quo, then say nothing, as you have chosen to be a bystander, not a primary actor.

Does that make sense?

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here