*In her little face

*Parker

*DOH!

*Um, yea, hi, how ya doin'?... Contest part II

*Contest!

*Visiting at all hours

*Which of you are up to it?

*I've met her

*Real discourse

*Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Saturday, October 01, 2005

Clever little show

I always heard what a good show Firefly was. I also discovered it has a HUGE underground following. Big enough to get a movie pushed and made (Serenity).

I just got DVR and saw my first episode. It is now set to record all future airings of the show. Very clever little show.

there are 11 doodles

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Kira said...

My friend Terry has promised to send me the DVD because he loves it so much that he even wrote a novel about it. He's already a published author, so I might end up seeing that book in print too. Everybody I know who has seen that series has loved it!

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

Ugh, I hated that show. I just could never get into it. I am a big sci-fi guy (I own all of the TNG and DS9 DVDs) and I loved Buffy, but that show just had no flow and was kind of slow.

I hate when I rhyme.

Anyway, have you ever watched "Deadwood"? Now that is a great show.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Kira said...

Everybody I know who has seen that series except vegasgustan has loved it!

hehe sorry, just had to correct myself :)

I love sci fi shows on TV too, although I've not had cable in years. My all time favorite series was Babylon 5. That sucker rocked. First few episodes turned me off and I moved on; friends convinced me to watch the rest later. Then I ADORED it. Seasons 1 through 4 were fantastic. Season 5 was lame, but there were reasons for it (long story).

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Firefly is one of the reasons to hate FOX -- they keep killing good shows. It was a great show, and hopefully with the success of Serenity we'll get another film ... or, dare I hope, tv series?

I do love DS9. And Deadwood was ... wow!

B5, Kira, hate to say -- never much cared for it.

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Kira said...

MS--I bet you got turned off from the first couple of episodes like I did and walked. If I hadn't had friends drag me back, I would have never realized how fantastic Bab 5 was. I loved DS9. Never liked Voyager. Never got to see Enterprise. Loved NG and of course the original. But what is this "Deadwood" you guys speak of???

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

Kira: Deadwood is a "Western" on HBO. It is loud, rude, gut wrenching, and simply wonderful. I've never liked a "Western" in my life, but this one is something special. Rent the first season on DVD and I promise you won't regret it.

Babylon 5 is pretty damn good by the way.

Voyager sucked, Enterprise was worse.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Kira said...

See? I like you, VG...seems like you have good taste. That means I have to check out Deadwood though. But it confuses me about Firefly...hmmm. Definitely would have to get the dvd since I don't have cable, however (for Deadwood that is).

I'm a teacher. I had to choose between cable for the TV or cable for the computer. Guess what won???? :)

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Cyrus said...

I never saw, or even heard of Firefly, but inadvertantly saw Serenity this past weekend. It was seriously, IMHO, the worst movie I've seen in years. I don't get the following it has at all - unless it was supposed to be a parody of sci-fi. That would make sense.

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

Ah, the Serentity debate rolls on...

My bestfriend saw it and liked it. EW gave it a B. I will have to see.

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Bathroom Reading said...

Well, I posted what I thought about the movie, which was that it was by, and for, fans of the show. Since I'm one, I loved the movie.

The series though? A space Western where they curse in Chinese? How can it not be great?

IMHO, (OK, OK, IMO) it was just simply one of the three best sci-fi series ever. And I'm hard pressed to think of two better, I just like to leave some wiggle room in case someone comes up with "Out in the Space Area" which ran from 1954-1958 and had proportionally a trillion viewers, or something. That internet, it's pretty smart when it comes to useless tv trivia.

I never watched B5, so I don't have an opinion there. (...I don't know why I'm even calling it "B5," except it has a nice insider, Sci-fi-Con feel to it.)

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Chai said...

I wish I had not seen FF. Then I'd have the pleasure of watching it all over again. I looked it up on Amazon.com and it has > 1700 user reviews with an average score of [drum roll....] 5 out of 5 stars.

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here