*Just nod your head

*Please, no autographs

*Run to Wal Mart

*Before I do anything brash....

*Stripper to the pole

*Keep your eye on the ball

*Clever little show

*In her little face

*Parker

*DOH!


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Thursday, November 10, 2005

Unexpected fast motions

As has been reported by others, I was in Vegas not too long ago (and I will be back next month).

It was a great vacation and I had the pleasure of finally meeting Paige and Vegasgustan.

Paige and her husband met me for a drink in the MGM before I had (yes, HAD) to play in a poker tourney. It was a grand visit.

They are one of those rare couples you meet that really fit so well together. I was very taken by Paige's husband. Not only is he intelligent and friendly, he has a warm demeanor that makes you immediately comfortable from "go". He indulged my outsider questions about the show he works in. He was even kind enough to get us "on the list" for the show. I wish my fellow vacationer had been up to going to the show. I may have to weasel a second invite for next month. I really wanted to take advantage of such a kind and rare opportunity.

I judge other dudes on is a simple litmus test: Would I want them on my side in the war? Mr. Paige is a mountain of a man. Tall, brainy and brawny so when the line is drawn I want him standing behind me and on my side... not facing me on the other side of the line. He is to be on my side in the war.

I've been reading Paige's blog for almost a year now. I had a very high image her as reflected by her posts - she did not dissapoint. She is both witty and sharp (and quite brainy as her compliments for this blog revealed). I look forward to catching up with both of them upon my heralded return to the city of sin.

The very next day I broke bread and chilled with VG. He is a dude's dude and easy to befriend. He is shockingly funnier than his blog reveals. We had a great chat and solved 89 of the top 100 problems in the world.

I got to see pictures of his wife (get yer mind out of the gutter, they were wedding pics)... let me report that he married up. As a fellow minor-league gent who landed a major-league woman, we instantly proceeded to pat each other on the back. A* and Mrs. VG need their eyes checked and heads examined and VG and I are not pushing for this to happen any time soon.

I fully expect "very bad things" to happen next month as I ring him into a night out with my peeps. Like Paige's husband, VG is someone I want on my side in the war. He's got the bruiser look so I avoided any unexpected fast motions and kept my voice in a comforting and soothing tone. He just looks like an ass-kicker.

there are 4 doodles

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Paige said...

*blush* thanks. Can't wait to see you next month. You have my number, just ring me. (wow, you are coming here so often I think you might need your own ringtone.)

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

I look like and ass-kicker? Interesting.....

Yeah, Audra surely married up...but I keep her nice and drugged up so she never realizes her mistake. I would want you on my side in war too. I would use you as a human shield. Seems only fitting.

Anyway, it was a good time and I look forward to some actual drinking and debauchery next time!

Plus, you gotta bring A* soon too!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger allison said...

And now for the New York crowd...

Vegas = Yay!

No blogging while in Vegas = Boo! Let's keep these priorities straight, shall we?

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Mercy said...

ah .. I love Vegas! Soooo jealous!

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here