*You play like defending champions

*Worse ways

*More ethnic than religious

*Derailing

*Does the rock

*An audible sound that replicates your voice

*Cookin' the books

*Your Turn

*She lumped tomatoes (completed with ending)

*Let me stand back up


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The funny thing is

I am addicted to reruns of Law and Order:Criminal Intent. DVRs be damned. Vincent Donofrio is great and Kathryn Erbe has grown on me. It is complete brain cheese. The show is formulaic, predictable, schticky and I cannot watch enough of it.

Never seen Vincent in Steal This Movie? You should. Not a great movie but he gives a great performance.

I was submerged in the rich life this past weekend. A quick day trip to the Bahamas for lunch on the private jet.

I figure our hamburgers, when you average out the total cost of the trip, ran around $450 a piece. Sunday I went with the CEO and friends to the Dolphin game. We, of course, took the company's 30-ft limo bus (including the 62-inch mounted flat-screen TV with DirectTV mounted in the back) to the game.

We, of course, watched the game in the club-level suite on the 40-yard line. Fully catered and stocked with all of the booze and beer one could keep down. We spent a few hours at his mansion on the intercoastal to finish off the fun.

Whenever I am surrounded by that lifestyle it makes me very introspective.

We snorkeled at Thunderball Grotto on Friday in Exuma. I remember standing, Ahab-style, at the front of the chartered boat as we sped to the site. I looked around at water as clear as a pool. A December day pushing 90 degrees. The sun and the wind pounding my skin making me feel more alive than ever.

I looked back on the boat at our captain. He must of been in his late forties. A born and bred islander that claims his family first set up shop in the islands in the 1700s when they decided being pirates became too dangerous.

In the face of the opulence I had only one thought. I want the simple life. I want to spend days that become weeks that become years with A* with nothing to do but whatever we felt like doing. I will need money to do this but not much. I don't need the symbols of success. I need time to spend with the love of my life, time to read, time to paint, time to learn. I would need a little time to fish as well.

Unlike many men (and women) in my generation, I've discovered that work is what I do and not who I am. It could be one of the greatest gifts I've ever received. The funny thing is, when I lost my career obsession... within a year I shot up the ladder to Director and my salary tripled.

Love ya, mean it.

there are 6 doodles

At 2:10 PM, Blogger A* said...

I'm all for it. Sign me up.

But I still want to go to the Bahamas with you.

Just saying...

Love you babe.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Kira said...

After all the bills are paid, I just want enough money to buy a few books, eat great food/drink good wine, and go on one nice vacation somewhere new and cool a year.

Oh, and pay for my kids' college education.

If I can swing that, I'll have more than enough money.

For me, it's not that I mind earning a lot of money (not that I ever had, so that's a theory). I just mind working 80 hr weeks to get said money. Life is so short, and if we can't have time to spend with those we love, it's just not worth it for me. If there's a job that pays well that takes up 20 hrs a week, sign me up. For now, though, I'm very content making no money as a teacher and feeling good about how I'm making my corner of the world a better place.

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

I don't know. I like "Special Victims Unit" much, MUCH better.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger dopeybugs said...

What about Vincent (with blonde hair) as THOR in 'Adventures in Babysitting?!?'

Hilarious.

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger allison said...

Hof and The GooD Life. I like this story.

Next time, however, might I suggest bringing your "assistants" allison and A* with you. You know...to take dictation and um, assist and stuff.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger A* said...

OMG DB totally went to Adventures in Babysitting...

I think I love her a little more than I did 45 secs ago.

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here