*Both cry

*Today

*Ronnie Dio was the lead singer

*As I sit here in North Carolina

*Will soon rise

*It will only smell and make you queasy

*Sleep gives me more energy

*My buddy

*Your ears are sparkling

*She is loaded and shiny


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Thursday, December 29, 2005

You (almost) know

It all started when we met on April 1st of this year (of all days). I was trapped in a relationship with someone and A* was just coming off a nasty break up. It was several days later that we caught up with each other over IM.

Our IMs turned into phone calls. I knew something was going on but the reality of all of the miles between us was daunting. I did, in true high school fashion, make a mix CD. My lord, she said yes to me? She must be crazy.

We talked for hours each night. It did not take long for me to realize what she was becoming for me. I asked her to meet me in Vegas in May. I had to go for work. She said no... then weeks later changed her mind. She came to Vegas.

Everything we felt over the hours on the phone not only translated to real life... being ACTUALLY together was the greatest single thing in my life. I knew in Vegas she would become my wife some day.

I flew to NYC, she flew down to FL. Back and forth and our feelings only grew.

In August I started to casually look at rings. Um.... I guess engagement rings are a type of trial or test for a man. It is all a swirl of the four "C"s and the three zeroes. Good lord.

As our plans formed for New Years I knew it was the time.

I got the ring last week.

I gave it to her yesterday.

She said "yes" and I am the happiest and luckiest man you (almost) know. She will be a wonderful wife and an amazing mother. I cannot believe I get to be the husband and father.

there are 20 doodles

At 8:47 AM, Blogger WordWhiz said...

I posted about your big news on my site. I couldn't be happier! You're doing a lot of talking about babies...is there something you're not telling us??

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Jules said...

A text message just didn't do this wonderful news justice. We all are thrilled for you. May the new year be filled with even more unexpected joys.

PS-Would send the same to A*, but her comments sections only likes Blogspot-ers. (Ew. That sounded gross.)

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Mel said...

I am SO happy for you two! Congratulations!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Two Drink Girl said...

Hooray! Congrats!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Jesster said...

HOORAY! I'm so happy for you both! Cheers and hugs and kisses as you start your new adventure.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Jamie said...

Congrats! What a fairy tale!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Congratulations, Hof. She (A*) is a genuine winner. (I'm visiting from Word Whiz's place.)

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Autumn said...

whooo hooo!! Congratulations guys!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

I just read A*'s first post about you. Hell, I encouraged her from the get-go! I completely forgot about that. Wow, I have know you guys your whole story. I feel special, kinda like Corky but without that annoying Kellie Martin as a sister.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Melina said...

congrats!k

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Nics said...

I know I'm just an occasional visiter and know neither of you, but, Congratulations! May you find the happiness that you deserve in each other.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger enchanteur said...

wow!!! CONGRATS!!!! this is such great news....

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Thérèse said...

Congratulations, Hof!

I wish you both every happiness this world has to offer.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Andy said...

That's awesome!!! Congratulations to both of you!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Grend31 said...

Dear Mr. Hof,

Welcome to the Luckiest Guy in the World Club. Your membership card should be in the mail!

-Grendel

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger allison said...

Of course she said yes.

And she is pretty damn lucky, too.

 
At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Battus philenor said...

Hof - I just want to say congrats! From everything I've read over the months here, A* sounds like a wonderful person and just the perfect match for you.

I wish you both the best and hope maybe someday to meet her. And if she doesn't know who I am I will hurt you for not regaling her with stories of your neurotic friend. Surely I did something memorable in the six or seven years we knew each other!

So again congrats, and email me sometime will ya? I miss our chats.

Your friend – Battus philenor

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Jackie said...

Nice work, you two.
Being married is awesome. :)
Enjoy the engagement and never stop remembering how lucky you are.

Matt & I send you our love.

:)

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger ERL said...

Congrats! That's awesome.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Mercy said...

Officially. Congrats you two!! I'm extremely excited!!!

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here