*Solid night's sleep

*Terror on the green felt

*Ask

*You (almost) know

*Both cry

*Today

*Ronnie Dio was the lead singer

*As I sit here in North Carolina

*Will soon rise

*It will only smell and make you queasy


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Sunday, January 08, 2006

Get your geek on

I miss running a roleplaying game. In high school and college, I was the storyteller, the gamemaster the high geek priest of the eight-sided dice.

I miss it.

I wonder if any of my readers would consider meeting online and geeking maybe once or twice a month. I would run the game. My games were heavy on roleplaying and used the simple and flexible GURPS rules.

I could run a horror or fantasy game.

Comment or email if you would be interested in playing. If anyone knows a good way to run a game online, please let me know. Is there software to handle the dice, etc?

Let me know if you want to get your geek on....

there are 11 doodles

At 8:33 PM, Blogger MooCow said...

If you're looking for a standalone dice roller, WinDice is a nice little app. Otherwise you can write your own in javascript in a handful of lines (code below is for a d20)

<script language="JavaScript">
now = new Date();
seed = now.getSeconds();
var generatornum=Math.random(seed);
var maxnumber=19.99999;
var randomnum=Math.round((generatornum*maxnumber)+.5);
document.write("1st roll: ");
document.write(randomnum);
</script>

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger hofzinser said...

code is cool.... have you taken it on any sweet jumps?

I really need a server-based dice app that will allow a remote player to roll 3d6 and the results can be seen instantly by me.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Wow. You guys are GEEKS.
But then again, I was the overtly gay kid growing up. So we most likely would have sat at the same lunch table.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger A* said...

Aw, my future husband, my current Gay Husband and my favorite cow would have been BFF... and now they are.

*Sigh*

I'm the luckiest girl EVAR.

And yeah, you are total GEEKS!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Kira said...

I might be interested. I already play online rpg games, actually...based off of a forum or whatnot... I don't have the GURPS setup, though. I guess I can hunt it down on PDF.

If it's horror, I probably wouldn't be interested, but I can do fantasy. I have all the D&D 3.5 ed stuff (and 3e, and 2e, and 1e, cause I've been geeky since birth), and I also have access to a few other gaming systems through Alex. ALEX might be interested too, now that I think of it...I'll ask him.

When we do the online stuff, the DM usually does all the rolling with his dice on his side of the computer, but having a code to do the rolling on the computer would allow the player to do his or her own rolling...so maybe that's best.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger A* said...

*sigh*

I didn't understand a word of Kira's post besides..."Alex might be interested" and "PDF"

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger MooCow said...

Yes A*, you truly are living a dream come true. Tee hee

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger hofzinser said...

BTW, if you've never played a roleplaying game before I encourage you to join us.

My style of gameplay is heavy story and lite rules/mechanics. It is a perfect game for a newbie.

Being a main character in a living story is really a unique experience.

If I can get four players we will give this a shot.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Kira said...

I think A* should play. No, really, I do! I used to game with a group when I was 13, 14 yrs old that was ALL chicks. Most people don't think of women doing the rpg thing, but if you game with an orientation towards plot and character development vs. hack and slash, women tend to enjoy it in my experience.

Come on, A*! Your honey can help you out with all the rules, and the only thing you really need is to make up a fictitious character with personality and skills, then tell him what you want, and he can translate it into gaming terms. You can write well, and for an online rpg, that's the main issue: can the person make the actions of his or her character come alive through words? Then there's the bonus of learning more of geekdom so that when Hof talks about this stuff, you'll be able to follow :)

I think A* would have a great time in a more story-oriented game like Hof just said he was going to do. I vote A* to be in the group *coughs* :)

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

I will give it a go. I have a Mac though, so that could be tricky. I love some good ole roleplaying. Of course, I only played the original Star Wars roleplaying game when I was a teenager...so I would be really rusty.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Grend31 said...

Thank you for reminding me how blest I am to have friends who will still do the RPG thing with me. I think we may be a dying breed.

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here