*My entire life

*You will die

*Yum

*Back to my knees?

*Your protector

*How many doors of possibility

*You can never have it back

*'cause Uncle Hof said so

*Will be the game

*Get over it and try this


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Actually hold a real conversation

There are some things you come across in your life and you know, deep down, they are the future, they are the way things will be done... they are here to stay.

I remember in 1991 when my roommate first bought a modem and dialed into the UNC server. He showed me IRC and how people had "rooms" where they talked about anything. I surfed through and saw every imaginable subject being discussed and dissected by people in colleges all over the world. This was before browsers, before "the web" when email was just a simple text message in DOS.

I remember knowing this was the future.

I remember the first time I sold something on eBay. I don't remember what it was but I do remember posting a ware, having THOUSANDS look it over and dozens bid on it. On a bizarre yet understood honor system I was mailed a check and I, in turn, mailed the product.

I remember knowing this was the future.

I remember a program called KALI. It faked computer games into thinking any computer on the internet was on the same LAN. This meant, for the first time EVER you could play multiplayer games online with anyone in the world. I played Doom, Tie Fighter and Command and Conquer for hours and hours against strangers from across the planet.

I remember knowing this was the future.

I remember getting my Sirius satellite radio and finding commercial free radio with over a hundred channels for every musical mood I was in. I remember finding talk radio for any political view. I remember finding two channels for comedy. I remember hearing Stern uncensored and unbound.

I remember knowing this was the future.

I remember getting DVR and realizing I was a slave to programming until that moment. I remember having to watch commercials and "missing my shows" because I refused to sit in front of the idiot box every night. I remember finally watching what I wanted when I wanted for the first time.

I remember knowing this was the future.

I remember meeting a woman at a bar and realizing that someone existed that was not only drop-dead beautiful but could also actually hold a real conversation. I remember how she looked at me when we talked and had her own thoughts and her own opinions. I remember thinking she understood what a conversation was. I remember kissing her for the first time.

I rememeber knowing she was my future.

there are 8 doodles

At 8:49 AM, Blogger A* said...

And she can't wait...

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Melina said...

you two are the cutest...and not in a stupid cute way. The real deal.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger VegasGustan said...

Ah, jeez...how sweet was that.

Satelite Radio will not always be commercial free, cable was at first too.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Kira said...

oh, oh, oh! I figured out the ending before I got there! I knew it, I knew it! :)

The best part is that you guys met so you COULD be so in love and planning out your life. Sometimes, it just all works out like it's supposed to!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Amen on the Sirius radio. I cancelled one of my satellite tv packages because I just don't stray from my radio much anymore. Too much good stuff!

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger allison said...

I remember seeing the first commercial for Prodigy and thinking "oh man, wouldn't that be cool?"

Hey, man...this IS the future.

And it IS pretty cool.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Dragonfly said...

aaawwww...

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Valerie - Riding Solo said...

Love em while ya got em. Never skip an opportunity to make happy with the mate.

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here