*What sound will be on the radio in 2008?

*Like its fierce

*See you

*Make me this anxious

*Just play for the love of playing

*When she needs me

*Writing mushy notes and passing them to her in cla...

*Tell him Hof sent ya

*Best looking readers

*The milk-toast wannabees


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Brown blood of courage

Ok, kids... unlike lesser bloggers, I apologize not for my lack of posting. Never forget that without hunger you will never eat. I know when you are ready for me... and that time is now.

I am well settled here in North Carolina despite the rash of traveling work has demanded. The house is wonderful and starting to feel like home. A* has been down here twice. Last week we hung pictures together. That is when a house begins to feel like a home. Art is home.

I miss playing cards every Monday night at Scooby's with Mr. Boxer and the boys. I miss Miss Smile and her husband, Mr. Cooler (owners of Scooby's). I miss late-night gin for hundreds of dollars and the tab in the corner booth of the bar.

I love being in a place where...
... Neighbors introduce themselves.
... strangers wave.
... you don't have to lock your car doors.
... people say "thank you", "please" and "pardon me".
... the skies are Carolina Blue.
... Sister lives close by again.
... A* and I will start our lives together.
... my Sirius radio gets amazing reception.

Tool and Radiohead remain to be ranked and written about. I am embarrassed to say I am intimidated by these upcoming posts. I know the tributes they both deserve. I am not sure if I can live up to what they need. I want to wax eloquently while driving home how they are the two most influential bands in recent history.

I may have to dip into some scotch tonight and let the brown blood of courage give me a buzz that will lead to tributes.

there are 5 doodles

At 7:51 AM, Blogger gras.GRUEN said...

Great Blog !!!
Very nice sketches...i am sad - cannot understand everything - because my english it tooooo bad ;-))
greatings from Germany
Angie

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Kira said...

Although by law I must contest the "carolina blue skies," otherwise it all sounds GREAT! I know that it'll really be fantastic when A* can move there for good. Oh, and there's a Total Wine and More in your area, Hof. That will make up for any gin talk. Trust me. You'll be able to hunt up all the shiraz/syrah you want there!

That's so cool that you guys hung up the pictures TOGETHER like that. More than the art itself, the action of working together with the one you love to make it yours makes it home, in my opinion.

When I first moved up to the triangle area, the wierdest part for me was the folks waving for no reason other than to be friendly. Now, I wouldn't have it any other way! The Carolinas are great for hospitality.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger allison said...

I'm happy.

To see you here, unapologetically present.

And for you crazy kids and your little nest. Glad you are loving your new gids, kiddo.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger allison said...

Or digs. Whichever.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger allison said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here