*My mailman is

*I'm selling out quickly

*Keep them busy

*Do you...

*Did I mention?

*Not be so bad anymore

*He fights Nazis too

*How do you measure

*The hacks

*Midgets are funny too


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Wednesday, January 31, 2007

i no this is well in advance

I do not stand before you claiming to be a spelling and grammar ninja.

I do stand before you with a heavy heart.

I read several different forums for my many hobbies. I may have to give them up completely, though. The murder of the English language is going to happen. I'm not required to watch the public beheading, am I?

I read posts and comments on these boards and am astonished. I am not talking about common mistakes (There use of words is poor their and in other places_.

I am not talking about the VERY annoying laziness-inspired abuse of internet short hand (How R U 2day).

Nope. I am talking about the following (real examples, BTW)

"it gives a 5+ save in hth without restrikting you to one weapon"

If you've read one book you cannot think restricting looks right with a k.

" i'd like your opinion as to witch one would be most cost effective ?"

I find Warlocks far more cost effective.

"i tough it was pretty explicit but thanks for putting it better."

Kill me now.

...and my personal recent favorite:

"Iv had an idear for a diormer i would love to do for next years UK GD i no this is well in advance and if im honist it has to be."

there are 2 doodles

At 2:04 AM, Anonymous Serra said...

These days I Admin for a MUD for fun and I can't count how many times I have to send notes back to help letters saying, "What the fuck are you trying to say, dude? Speak English."

What do I get back?

"I M speekng English, d00d, y u don't get it?"

My favorite Admin power is the Hammer, where I can smack a player for 10% of his hitpoints or some other punishment when they act like that. Funny how the next note I get is in better English than I see on some blogs.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Kira said...

Okay, I missed this one before. As a participant in geek forums, I can attest that the spelling and grammar is awful. However, I have on occasion found that some of the ones who have bad grammar/mechanics are actually non-native speakers, and those I forgive. It's the native speakers over the age of 15 whom I can't tolerate. What the heck? My husband didn't learn to write in English until he was 11, and his written skills far surpass some of these American geeks in their 20's. I don't get it.

 

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here