*What happens

*Jenkins is The Man

*When did I drink the Kool-Aid?

*i no this is well in advance

*My mailman is

*I'm selling out quickly

*Keep them busy

*Do you...

*Did I mention?

*Not be so bad anymore


1. I ask you to do one effing thing
2. Did you?
3. The socks betray him
4. There will be none of that
5. Leave notes in his shirt pocket
6. Trained in the gentle art
7. Put me in coach
8. Our species may, in fact, survive
9.Swarm Swarm
10.During the wooing
11.BUT not private enough
12.The bottomless appetite
13.The first time we forget
14.This is a nice litmus test
15.To get the ball rolling
16.She invited you back to her place for coffee
17.Mary Magdalene or Eva Braun
18.It will only smell and make you queasy


   Wednesday, February 28, 2007

what his career has become

I don't claim to have the greatest job. I have a good job, though. Pays well, challenges me enough, allows me to exploit my creativity and talents.

My work also comes with a certain amount of respect. People respect you when you can stand in front of three thousand people and teach a seminar on how the stock market works.

Which brings me to Mark Roberts.

He is the "on time" traffic guy here in Raleigh. Many times between 6am and 7am he comes on, shows us shots from pole-mounted cameras and talks about the headlights and wrecks.

A* and I have become strangely fascinated by him. Its not his bizarre voice (sounds like an effeminate auctioneer with a permanent sinus infection). Its not his "off the cuff" comments like "that is the old golf course which use to be a golf course".

Nope.

I think its the whole idea. He gets up every morning, goes to work and is on camera half a dozen times... to say nothing of value. No journalistic muscles flexed. The only pressure is to somehow say something different at 6:20am than he said at 6:10am when nothing has changed.

Does he get excited about going to work?

Does he obsess about making it interesting today vs. yesterday?

Does he have standards for himself?

...or does he hate what his life and what his career has become?

No matter, though. We love him.

there are 0 doodles

Post a Comment

<<-- Home

Google
That's the end... go archiving you blogging FOOL!

 

 


Sketchers I check daily

Sketchers too good to miss Who links here